jump to last post 1-29 of 29 discussions (31 posts)

Thank you Hub Pages

1. fortunerep profile image82
    fortunerepposted 8 years ago

I am so at awe.  On my hub about my Uncle Ross he is there.  He must google himself, IDK.  Hub pages has reunited me with my uncle, the only connection I have to my Father and "the other side". Thankyou Hub Pges for giving me this forum to establish a relationship with a part of me i never knew.

1. TrinaLynne profile image83
      TrinaLynneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on finding your uncle. Thats incredible. I know you'll have loads to talk about once you meet him in person.

2. johnb0127 profile image72
    johnb0127posted 8 years ago

Wow, what a great story.  Congrats big time!

3. fortunerep profile image82

Thankyou, I am estatic, the only part of my dad I have ever even had a connection to, I can't believe it

4. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 8 years ago

That is super keen neato, indeed.

I laugh at you, Facebook and MySpace. wink

Very touching, I wonder if others have had another experience?

5. Charia Samher profile image73
    Charia Samherposted 8 years ago

Wow that's nice. Reunited because of HP. Cool!

6. fortunerep profile image82

I never ever thought he would read my Hub it shows you that you just never know who is reading your stuff.  If you will read the comments you will see I was so embarassed.  I did say in my hub that the cereal my grandmother, his mother had tasted it like bird crap. It was Grape Nuts by the way. 
    dori

7. fortunerep profile image82

Top that Reunion.com. and it was free and i made some pocketchange.
    dori

1. johnb0127 profile image72
      johnb0127posted 8 years agoin reply to this

HA! Your absolutely right!

8. fortunerep profile image82

New PR "HUB PAGES REUNITE THOSE WHO GOOGLE"

dori

9. KCC Big Country profile image88
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

What an awesome story!  Congrats!

10. fortunerep profile image82

KCC, I think this  may be hub  material!

11. soni2006 profile image73
    soni2006posted 8 years ago

Congrats for meeting your uncle fortunerep..

12. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

This is wonderful news! Congratulations fortunerep, this must mean a great deal to you.

13. fortunerep profile image82

thanks guys,  he left me his email address in my comments but I am scared and embarrassed to write him.  I feel like a child. I need to find out what happened to my dad though.  This is so unreal to me.
    dori

14. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

You'll have to keep us all informed now, Dori

15. fortunerep profile image82

I will Cindy, thanks.
    dori

16. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

wow, that is amazing. So happy for you Dori!

17. fortunerep profile image82

I have waited for this moment most of my life. I am ready for an uncle, I need to know where I came from.  This is a great beginning. On HubPages, who would've thunk it!
    dori

18. dipless profile image83
    diplessposted 8 years ago

That is such a nice story, I am really pleased for you. I hope you form a long and good relationship with your uncle smile

19. JSwanson profile image56
    JSwansonposted 8 years ago

This kind of stuff just makes everything else feel so trivial.  I am so, so happy for you.  Now go and enjoy.

Jenny

20. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

Just read this for the first time..... Interested to know more about this, how did it happen, and will you meet each other face to face..

21. Ladybird33 profile image44
    Ladybird33posted 8 years ago

Wow, that is awesome!  I love good news and to hear something like this makes my day!  Thank you for sharing.

22. fortunerep profile image82

Brenda, we haven't met face to face yet.  I wrote a hub on my uncle Ross because he was a karate and Kickboxing champion.  I ran across some videos of him on Utube.  I wrote the hub about a month ago and the other day he commented on it.  At first I didn't believe it was  him until he commented a second time.  I emailed him and we have been talking via email for the last couple of days.  I m not promoting my hub but you would have to read it to  understand.  Hopefully this will be my link to family I have never met.  It was all because of HP becuase I have trid to find him as well as my dad all my adult life. So HP is better that Reunion.com!  I still can't figure out how he got to my hub, powers that be I guess.  Thanks, I hope this explains it, check out my hub about him and you will see my surprise when he commented!
    dori
    Thanks Lady Bird!!

23. ripplemaker profile image85
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

It warms my heart to hear stories of "coincidences" such as yours.  Miracles are everywhere... big_smile

24. fortunerep profile image82

Ripplemaker,

conicidences are rare, this was just a miracle. I can't believe he read my hub, it goes to show you never know who is reading which makes me want to write about missing children even more, the only problem with that is when there is an amber alert, my content is considered duplicate by google because there is so little information to provide that hasn't already been provided. I had to unpublish all of my missing children hubs for that reason to get approved. I think the lesson in all of this as that as far as money goes, google could never pay me enough to not want to spread the word about our missing and endangered children.  It also proves to me that hub pages has a stake in this internet madness.  Being reuinted with Uncle Ross or meeting him in general for the first time is worth more than any amount of money.  Who would have thought, hey!!
    dori

25. Ryan Hupfer profile image67
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

Hey Dori -- I think that this is an awesome story! So much, in fact, that I posted a little something about it over here in our blog:
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2009/06/hubpag … ost-uncle/

Thanks so much for sharing this story and keep us updated with what you find out about your family!

26. Ryan Hupfer profile image67
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

p.s. you should also know that I grew up in a town right next to Anderson in Indiana called Pendleton. Kinda funny that you used to go there on vacation. smile

27. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image76
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 8 years ago

Congratulations!!!!

I can relate - I found the paternal side of my family about a year ago after my mother kindly informed me that my other "23 chromosomes" had died. (Gee! nice! Mom - not)

I contacted the funeral home and was put in touch with them - they had hoped that the funeral announcement would help me and my siblings find them!

I gained several cousins and 2 younger sisters that I didn't even know existed. They are a hoot!

Keep in touch with your family and don't be afraid to ask questions when the time seems right to you. They will understand.

28. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 8 years ago

How wonderful - you just never know who will pop up, do you. Makes "Six Degrees of Separation" seem plausible.

29. fortunerep profile image82

wow, thanks Ryan, I haven't been this popular since I held the coveted title of Cinderella in my High School Drama.

Will def. keep up updated!  He has some things going on that are def. worth writing about but this time I think I will ask first. lol
    dori

working