A few chuckles to brighten up a rainy weekend!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Little Zachary was doing very badly in math.

His parents had tried everything....Tutors, Mentors, flash cards, Special learning centers. In short, everything they could think of to help his math.

Finally, in a last ditch effort, they took Zachary down and enrolled him in the local Catholic school. After the first day, little Zachary came home with a very serious look on his face. He didn't even kiss his mother Hello. Instead, he went straight to his room and started studying. Books and papers were spread out all over the room and little Zachary was hard at work.

His mother was amazed. She called him down to dinner. To her shock, the minute he was done, he marched back to his room without a word, and in no time, he was back hitting the books as hard as before. This went on for some time,
    day after day, while the mother tried to understand what made all the difference.

Finally , little Zachary brought home his report Card. He quietly laid it on the table, went up to his room and hit the books. With great trepidation, His Mom looked at it and to her great surprise, Little Zachary got an 'A' in math. She could no Longer hold her curiosity. She went to his room and said, 'Son, what was it? Was it the nuns?' Little Zachary looked at her and shook his head, no. 'Well, then,' she replied, was it the books, the discipline, the structure, the uniforms?
    'WHAT WAS IT ALREADY?'

Little Zachary looked at her and said,'Well, on the first day of school when I saw that guy nailed to the plus sign,
    I knew they weren't fooling around.'

2. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

LOL, thats a funny one.

3. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the chuckle - will be back with a few to share. Hope your weather clears. After much unsettled cloud and wind, ours is great today. Yay!

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

That's a good one. Haha Rain and storms are pretty much done here for the day. I think we got bout 3 inches of rain yesterday.

A guy walked into a restaurant with an Ostrich in tow and ordered a burger and fries. The Ostrich gave the same order. When he was given his check it was $9.48. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the exact change and payed for it and left.
    This scenario played out for a week and each day it was a different meal but with the same account as the man reached into his pocket to pull out the exact change. The Ostrich would aways have the same thing.
    This was just too much for the waitress and finally the last day they came in for a steak dinner she asked him, "How is it that you always have the exact change to pay your check when I give it to you?"
    "Well." he replied, "I found this old lamp and it had a genie in it who granted my wish of making certain I would always have the correct amount in my pocket when I buy something."
    "Wow! That's great." She answered him. "Now what about the Ostrich?"
    "Oh, her. Well I also wished for a chick with a big butt and long legs who would always agree with me."

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of my favorites!!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing004.gif

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Darn! You heard it. LOL

5. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

A boy sets off to go doing boy things, with a roll of chicken wire in his hands. A nosey older neighbor who was whittling on his porch piped up as the boy passed him.

"What do you have in your hands there, boy?"

"Chickenwire," the boy replied.

"And jez what are ya ta do with that?"

"Catch me some chickens!"

The neighbor laughed at such a thought, but wished the boy good luck.

Sun came down and sure enough, the kid came back with several chickens in tow caught in the wire.

The next day, the kid walked the same path with duct tape in his hands.

"What are you off ta do today, boy?"

"I'm going to catch me some ducks!"

"Silly boy," the neighbor said. "You can't catch ducks with duct tape!"

Well, the sun set once again and the boy passed by his neighbor with several ducks in tow.

The third day the boy walked by his neighbor with an odd plant in his hands.

"What ya got in your hand now, boy?"

"A pussywillow."

"Hold up, lemme grab my hat, I'm comin' with ya!"

6. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

It's still raining here - has been on & off (mostly on) for weeks so I'm stuck inside & am game for some giggles. big_smile

A young guy and an older fella sitting in a bar get into it a bit, exchanging insults. The older one yells, "I slept with your mom" to the other. He gets little reaction and so, after a hefty swig, bellows, "I SLEPT with your MOTHER!!!!"
    They younger guy finally says, "Go home, Dad, you're drunk."

7. RooBee profile image83

Found this one online -

A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: “My friend is dead! What can I do?”

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: “Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead.” There is a silence, then a shot is heard.

The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: “OK, now what?“

1. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Two New Jersey hunters were driving to their favorite hunting site when they came across a sign that read "Bear Left." 

So they turned around and went home.

Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never heard that one before ...."Bear left" hahahahaha

2. mythbuster profile image72
      mythbusterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I chuckled at this one, does this mean I am sick? lol

8. RooBee profile image83

Zsuzsy Bee - good one!!! big_smilebig_smile You too, lxxy big_smile

9. profile image0

Oh that's rich! That is so funny! Why was it in NJ? Sounds like a redneck to me.

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good question. I copied that one directly from a list I found online - couldn't help it as I thought it was pretty good. If I'd told it, though, I would have chosen another state but wasn't sure if NJ had significance I wasn't aware of....smile Must be "insert whichever state you want to insult by insinuating they are dumb here." smile

1. profile image0

It works. LOL Now I must search my Scotch soaked brain for wittiness  and some old jokes I have forgotten about. hic hic I did see a great video today about Abe Lincoln, funny stuff and much foul language, a girl 13 showed it me of all people. Kids! You Tube
        What really happened to Abe Lincoln. fun stuff and so disrespectful and irreverent of our wonderful icon

2. R. Blue profile image61
      R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey watch it Charlie!!!...It was in Jersey cause dats where da maffia is :-p

10. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Haha...RooBee's last one reminds me of:

A CEO calls his wife up, but gets the house maid. "Hi there," he says. "Is my wife busy?"

The house maid huffs for a second than answers. "Yes sir..I am sorry to say, but I can't lie, she is busy in bed with another man."

The CEO is shocked...but yet, undaunted. "Listen, in the closet underneath the stairs there's a shotgun. Go upstairs and shoot my wife and her mister and I'll make sure you get a nice six figure bonus this year."

The house keeper puts the phone down, he hears far off in the house two shots. She returns back to the phone. "Okay, so what should I do with the bodies?"

"Just throw them into the pool and put the tarp over it for now."

"Right," the house maid says. "What pool?"

"Err...is this 555-5555?"

;D

11. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

ralwus:

A drunk shambles into a catholic church late at night smelling of scotch. He strolls over towards the confession booth and a priest approaches him. "Sir, it is after hours.."

The drunk points at the confession booth, nearly stumbling over. "I HALF A CON FISSION TO MAKE!"

The priest had seen a man who could not hold his drink before, and decided the easiest way to play this out was to humor him. "Okay my child, have a seat." He helps the drunk get into the booth and waits for him to begin as he seats himself on the other side.

Moments pass....

The priests begins to become impatient. "Are you alright, my child?"

"Hey, is there toilet paper on your side?!"

12. profile image0

Like I said before. weird and wonderful and funny too.

13. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

I only fear the Scottish Mafia.

1. profile image0

they should pay for that one. LOl

14. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Haha, quite possibly. ;D I enjoy dekonstrukting viral marketing, and using it for my own needs--hopefully it will help people awake to the B.S. foisted on them in an effort to look "normal."

For example:

http://www.theresponsibilityproject.org

BEE. ESS.

1. profile image0

Sorry ixxy, it dint work. I just hate to leave. but better things are ahead for tonight  and I must prepare

1. lxxy profile image61
        lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's okay ralwus, I wasn't here to distract you. smile

And thanks k@ri! smile

15. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

Zsuzsy, ralwus, RooBee, & lxxy,

Thanks for the wonderful laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh!

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u336/Darkangel_101/desuani3.gif

16. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86

...chicken wire & duck tape hahahah too funny

Great stuff guys keep the 'chucklers' coming as it's still raining and gloomy out. I need cheering up

1. lxxy profile image61
      lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*hugs*

Okay....

...actually, no. I don't have anything but the most long winded.

I may suggest: http://www.failblog.org or... Ask a Ninja!

My favorite Ask a Ninja: Pirates of the Caribbean Review

Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I'll check them out.

17. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86

Here are a couple more

Did you hear about the Chinese couple that had a  baby with blond hair?
    They named him "Sum Ting Wong".

What would you call it when an Italian has one arm shorter than the other?
    A speech impediment.

What does it mean when the flag at the Post Office is flying at half-mast?
    They're hiring.

What's the difference between a southern zoo and a northern zoo?
    A southern zoo has a description of the animal on the front of the cage along with... "a recipe".

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word?
    Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell *BINGO*!

What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale?
    A northern fairytale begins "Once upon a time..." -A southern fairytale begins "Y'all ain'tgonnabelievethisshit....

18. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

We got some good ones here.  Let me add one that I saw recently.

A man walks into the bedroom holding a sheep under his arm.  The man says, "Dear this is the cow that I have sex with when you have a headache."
    The womans says, "If you weren't so stupid you would know that is a sheep and not a cow."
    The man says, "If you weren't such a self centered bitch you would know I was talking to the sheep."

19. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86

Pete that's sooooo bad but funny

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)