jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why has the Page Rank of my HubPages profile page gone up to PR3, then ...

1. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Why has the Page Rank of my HubPages profile page gone up to PR3, then ...

back down to PR-, then back up to PR3, then back to PR- in the last couple of months?  My Author Score has ranged up and down from low 90s to high 80s during that time.  The PR was PR- even when my Author Score was in the 90s/

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
    Obscurely Diverseposted 8 years ago

Algorithms are a senseless waste of time to try and unravel.  Keep on being productive; who cares about the numbers...

3. nearbuystore.com profile image61
    nearbuystore.composted 8 years ago

The link juice passed from other pages linking to yours have probably decreased because of added links or comments...do not worry about page rank for better search engine traffic it is one of only 200 factors and a very over-rated one.

4. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Hahahaha! It's because you are answering many questions. You just have to keep on providing complete answers to questions as well as voting for them - just joking. Actually I do not know the answer to this question.

5. imremarkabletoo profile image56
    imremarkabletooposted 8 years ago

Google engineers said they won't care about PR very soon. This is just a way to make people greedy and spam more than ever.
    If they eliminate Page rank people won't have a way to check PR and will be cool

6. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

In all that time, my HubPages traffic has been pretty much the same.  (In stock market talk, the graph is in a sideways channel.)

If Google does get rid of page rank, I can get rid of a tool-bar.  :-)

I guess it will not be a big loss.  At best, it has been only a very rough measure.  Only a rough indication of which pages might be shown at the top of search results pages for specific keyphrases.

Let's hope we can still get links count info from Yahoo for use in SEO.