jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Amazon clicks are not product clicks

1. Christa Dovel profile image83
    Christa Dovelposted 8 years ago

I checked to see what people were clicking on in Amazon, and all of the clicks are non-product clicks.  I have been getting the amazon code from the url of the page that shows just the product, with a description of the product -- is this correct, or should I be linking in some other manner?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

You don't earn money from Amazon unless people actually buy the product so it's not unusual to see clicks but no earnings.

And you'll want to be using an Amazon capsule to list products,

http://hubpages.com/guide/hubtool/capsules

3. Christa Dovel profile image83

Thanks relache.  I understand that one doesn't earn on Amazon unless something is bought, and I am using the capsule to list products. 

When I look at order summery, View Full Report, it says that I have a number of Other Clicks, but no Product Link Clicks.

Amazon defines Product Link Clicks as The number of clicks visitors have made on product links to specific products you've chosen.  However, they don't define Other Clicks.

Do you have to be logged into your Amazon account to get the right product id?

4. yoshi97 profile image81
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

Yes, you will need to be logged into your Amazon account to get the right info. smile

5. Christa Dovel profile image83

Okay, I am logged in and looking at a specific product -- do I just copy and paste the URL into the Amazon capsule?  Or do I use the link to this page, and the code given there?

Thanks so much for the help.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can just take the URL of the product page itself, and put it in the Amazon capsule here at HubPages.  You don't need to mess with any code at all.

1. darkside profile image82
        darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Will HubPages strip it down to the ASIN when you do it that way?

1. girly_girl09 profile image71
          girly_girl09posted 8 years agoin reply to this

yes

6. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

It doesn't matter if they buy the product on your page or not.  If your page directs people to Amazon, and they buy something on that visit, you get paid.  Most of my Amazon referral fees earned are on products that were not on my page, and in most cases have nothing to do with any of my hubs. But because they were directed there from one of my ads, I got the fees.

7. Christa Dovel profile image83

Thank you so much, everyone!

8. johnr54 profile image43
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

If you are referring to the link type report on Amazon Associates, since Hubpages has created their own link modules, the clicks on the products featured on the page will show up as SOAP clicks under Web Services links.  It still works the same, but you don't get the impressions counts from the SOAP links.

9. Laddoo. profile image55
    Laddoo.posted 8 years ago

I want to figure out which Amazon Product was clicked upon? In the Amazon Associates login, I am only getting the number of clicks under the Web Services - Rest option. This does not have any info and what product was clicked upon - Any way to find this out?

working