jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Text Problem...

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

I dont recall this happening before yesterday, but I guess I could be wrong..

When I have a text box with a photo, the text is not wrapping.. and its leaving a massive white space under the pic.. is this normal? It doesnt look very sexy! wink

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Can you give an example?

3. Isabella Snow profile image89
  4. pauldeeds profile image

In HTML list items don't wrap quite the same way paragraphs do (at least in firefox -- it looks fine in opera).   I think if you put the bold part in the list, but then formatted the text as a paragraph it would eliminate the white space.  But it doesn't really look too bad the way it is either ...

5. Isabella Snow profile image89

I tried doing that and it looks the same. Most of the pics are ok, but that second pic has a huge space there!

I guess its stupid firefox, but lots of people use firefox.. sad

It looks fine in Safari, too, btw.

1. Terri Paajanen profile image81
      Terri Paajanenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm using firefox and your article looks fine. No weird spaces or badly formatted text.

6. pauldeeds profile image

A majority of HubPages visitors still use Internet Explorer, with 6 still favored over 7.  My guess is that firefox is probably slightly favored among the regular users though (as opposed to those that come in through search to a particular hub).  The reason I mention this is that looking and functioning right in Internet Explorer is still probably the most important thing -- as sad as that may make us all feel.

7. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

I'm having that problem with a current hub of mine. I'm still working on it, but I have 5 pictures in a thumbnail view, and it leaves a huge gap. I'm hoping it corrects itself by the time I'm finished with it... I'm in I.E.

8. Sheila Martin profile image59
    Sheila Martinposted 9 years ago

Hi Isabella,

I'm brand-new here....

Looks like you got it working on that Baby Doll page. I looked at it now in both IE and Firefox.

Did you do something special to it? Or did it just fix itself?

Thanks!

Sheila

9. Bonnie Ramsey profile image79
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago

I have also had this problem when creating my Hubs. However when I click the "publish" button, it posts just fine in most cases (only had a problem once after publishing). I am also in IE.

Bonnie Ramsey

10. Sheila Martin profile image59
    Sheila Martinposted 9 years ago

Good to know, Bonnie. I can stop trying to "fix" it then.

Thanks!

Sheila

working