jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why does the author score go up and down? Is it a big deal or no. Went from 90

1. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

Why does the author score go up and down?  Is it a big deal or no. Went from 90 to 89.

My goal was to reach 100. Hope it is not going to go down anymore.

2. parliament profile image61
    parliamentposted 7 years ago

you have to be active all the time in order to keep your score, otherwise it will go down. the big deal is that at some point (under 75) your links will get the "nofollow" tag. so if you are using seo for your site, your links won't count.

3. TheWicklessCandle profile image54
    TheWicklessCandleposted 7 years ago

It's back to 90. The more you are active, the higher it goes. Also, the new 'hub karma' has an effect on your hub score as well. If you publish often, and you link your hubs, it will continue to go up.......and then go down again.

And then go up .

4. missymoo profile image76
    missymooposted 7 years ago

In answer to your question, I have recently started becoming more active on Hubpages again.  HubKarma does help your overall score and since I started linking between hubs my score has gone up slightly.
    It has also helped to become more active, not just in publishing hubs but in contributing questions and answers and other aspects of Hubpages.  Luckily they are all quite addictive activities to do!

5. sweet7rock profile image57
    sweet7rockposted 7 years ago

yes,becoming active in hubpages plays the role in your author score.If you go below 75 you lose your dofollow links and which is a problem for people promoting their websites here.

6. 5institutes profile image65
    5institutesposted 7 years ago

It seems you have your answers, I learned from them all!   Thanks for asking it, I was wondering the same.

7. estranged911 profile image64
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

I see that if you post a handful of answers in forums etc, your hubscore increases. I guess its a good thing.

8. Chris Crow profile image59
    Chris Crowposted 7 years ago

It doesn't really matter--especially such a minor change.  Mine changes every day.  I do know that the more work your do on the site and the more you participate and write, the higher your score will be.  Long authoritative hubs are probably the best thing to concentrate on to get a high hubber score.

Closed to reply