jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

RSS for user content search empty when sorted by date

1. fritteritter profile image91
    fritteritterposted 8 years ago

The user content search found on user profiles allows searching through a user's contributions, sorted by date or by relevance. However, when loading the RSS for sorted results (including &sort=... in the URL), there are no entries displayed in the RSS.

This is most likely an issue with the rewriting that is required to make ?rss&user=fritteritter and ?user=fritteritter&rss work properly. The no-results bug occurs not only on sorted results (which is the common use case) but when any parameter besides user is included in the RSS URL.

Thanks, this is somewhat minor but I am looking forward to the fix so I can update my HP RSS guide hub.

1. larryfreeman profile image87
      larryfreemanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Fritteritter,

Thanks very much for reporting this!  The fix for this should go out today.  I'll post on this thread when it's out.

-Larry

2. fritteritter profile image91

Thank you Larry! Also, while it isn't a bug, it would be nice to have a dropdown beside the search box in the header of that page when searching your own content which would allow you to choose between searching the site and searching only that user's content.

Currently it searches the entire site which somewhat inhibits user content searching. This requires people to change the URL or return to the profile page to pose another query.

Hi fritteritter,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll add it to our list of features to consider for the next feature update.

-Larry

3. fritteritter profile image91

Your SE team is quick smile I'm updating my RSS hub now since I see that the sorted feeds are fixed. Good work.

Yes, the fix just went out.

-Larry

working