I've been a Hubber for years but have never earned a dime here. Am I missing so

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Madison Parker profile image60
    Madison Parkerposted 13 years ago

I've been a Hubber for years but have never earned a dime here.  Am I missing something?

I've had lots of traffic over the years but no$$$.  Am I not set up correctly?

2. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

With all the traffic, how many impressions are showing in your AdSense account? This is probably the first place to look, because if there are no impressions then your AdSense ID isn't properly hooked to your Hubpages account. Also, if you're not already signed up for Analytics, it's a good idea to do so...this will show you how many hits are from outside of Hubpages, as well as where they came from and what keywords they used to get to your pages. If these check out fine then it may be time to look at marketing techniques, but with absolutely NO money it makes me think your affiliate accounts aren't hooked up right.

3. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

There's a good chance that's problem.  In order to see any affiliate earnings you need to go to your account, go to "affiliate settings", and make sure you have the correct code entered for each affiliate (which you get when you apply, and become accepted, as an affiliate).  If you already have an Ad Sense account you would use the code you already have.

Another problem (if you haven't looked at  your Google account to see whether this is the case or not) could be that you've earned but haven't reached the $100 minimum.  If that's the case, though, it should show up if you go to your Google account.

When you apply to have an affiliate account on here, each affiliate's application will ask for things like your name and address, payment method, etc.; but if, by any chance, you haven't completed that kind of information, that could be the problem too.

If you don't have "all that many" Hubs there's a chance they wouldn't earn a whole lot, so have you linked to them from your other sites to get outside traffic?

4. Madison Parker profile image60
    Madison Parkerposted 13 years ago

Hi, thanks for your response.  I can only go back six months or so.  I have pretty much stopped writing here because I make so much more writing for the Triond channels.  However, I really LIKE writing at Hub and I like the other writers here. 

So the long and short of it is that, yes, my Google account shows impressions, clicks, etc. and back when I was writing a lot here, my page impressions were pretty high.  I was also writing at Triond and my page impressions then were okay, but I was making a few bucks a month at Triond and have never made any money here.  I thought maybe the account here was set up improperly but it doesn't seem to be.  Wierd...

5. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

In short, it does seem like you are missing something.  From looking at your Hubs, there are a variety of problems.  One, you don't have many Hubs.  You are going to be drawing enough traffic to have a good chance at earning unless you do a lot of promotion.  Two, some of them are so short as to be low-quality.  Three, some seem miscategorized, meaning how they are titled, tagged or grouped in the site is not effective and on-topic.

This site will not earn for you if you just throw up any old content.  And there are a LOT of resources here for how to earn, but you have to take the time to read them, and then do the work.

6. Rebecca E. profile image78
    Rebecca E.posted 13 years ago

Why it is harder to make money with hubpages.  Content and and knowing what traffic is coming to your hub is vital. read more

7. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 13 years ago

Madison, if you're Adsense account is showing clicks, then you should have earned a few cents, at least.  If you can go and use the Google Keywords Tool, try to find some keywords that have a fairly high PPC value.  Write some Hubs based on these keywords, and, of course, do all the mandatory promotion.

8. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

If you're counting on Adsense count again. I don't think you're going to get much from that. And since all of us know that it's the click click that really does it, are you clicking and helping out your fellow writers? Something to think about or are you being envious and watching out for yourself? This is a competitive field people.

I joined two weeks ago and have a 88. There was someone who mocked me because of his earnings. I don't know about you but to be here for two weeks and have a 88 that's not bad.

If I'm being mocked why should I write another hub? Maybe elsewhere my writing will be appreciated.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)