Are these hubbers making as much money? (read on)

1. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 7 years ago

Are these hubbers making as much money? (read on)

I see some hubbers that have like 1100 hubs, but each hub is very short and usually as a bunch of amazon ads. I was wondering are they making a lot of money like people who have longer content that have 100-300 hubs. They also usually have author scores that are only mediocre.

I know this may be hard to answer, but if anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful

2. SOKCGOLD profile image61
    SOKCGOLDposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't think that they would make much for a number of reasons. First, Amazon isn't going to pay them much of a commission, so they would have to sell an awful lot. Second, their hubs aren't very interesting or compelling. They usually have titles like, "Buy XYZ Online" or something similar and are nothing more than ads, as you say. I certainly don't read them. Third, I don't think that most people coming to HubPages are coming to shop. They are coming to learn or be entertained. I know I don't get a lot of people clicking on the ads on my Hubs, although mine aren't really designed to be commercial. If those Hubs were getting a lot of traffic and they were getting good click-through, I would have to think their scores would be higher. If someone is having great success, I doubt they'll admit it, for fear of copycats.

3. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If the Hub is very short, it probably doesn't have enough keywords to attract Google's attention, so they're probably not selling much.

Nelle Hoxie, who is probably the most successful Amazon Hubber, has done experiments and she now writes 800 - 1,500 words of sales copy to support the advertisements.   So I'd say the short Hubs wouldn't be working.

Closed to reply

working