jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Short Answer Section is filled with bad advice

1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Wow... I didn't realize how bad it was... It's getting right up there with yahoo answers. People giving terrible advice for things that could potentially be a problem or make other problems.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Examples?

1. janni321 profile image60
        janni321posted 8 years agoin reply to this

go to yahoo answers and see whats happening there, just a click of a mouse away lol

2. J. Kumm profile image59
      J. Kummposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Advice is what it is. Whether you get it here or not, it's your responsibility to consider the source.

1. profile image43
        badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thats good advice, do you work for Yahoo Answers, if you do thank you for the years of help you gave me.

2. profile image43
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

I like Yahoo Answers, if I ever have any problems in my life Yahoo Answers has helped me out in lifes hard journey smile

1. N.Q profile image59
      N.Qposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I also have some good experience with yahoo answers..I know there are some wrong or bad answers but its upto to follow them or not..

1. profile image43
        badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree, they saved my sanity !

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Wow, I couldn't imagine using any of these places for anything important. How on earth do you evaluate the source and the value of the information.

1. Kadmiels profile image54
      Kadmielsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How could you not trust any body on Yahoo??? thats just unthinkable wink

1. blue dog profile image73
        blue dogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

care to expand on your idea of "trust" on the internet?

4. fortunerep profile image83
    fortunerepposted 8 years ago

how do you trust anybody period.

dori

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Well lets see there's my family doctor of 25 years, my dentist of 5 years. Lots of friends and family.

Guess I'm lucky to have a very good support network, that I can rely on. We've stayed in this community because of the wonderful people that we see every day, that we help and that help us.

1. fortunerep profile image83
      fortunerepposted 8 years agoin reply to this

you are blessed, I trust only my family, it keeps u from getting hurt

6. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 8 years ago

Advice is very subjective.  I wouldn't trust the internet with serious life issues, but some of the advice could point you in the right direction.

7. MarnieW profile image35
    MarnieWposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't rely on this forum for any serious answers to your questions. I think it's more social here than anything else.

8. SamSurvivor profile image62
    SamSurvivorposted 8 years ago

You'll get some bad advice with any type of website like Yahoo Answers or other sites where anyone can post an answer. Some people just think they know more than they actually do. That's why I never solely rely on info from these places.

working