jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Cannot Create New Hubpages Again

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image75
    crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6935/capture1ddj.th.jpg

Had this problem a while back and now it is back again. It will not let me create new hubs. Click above photo to see message it is giving me on last page of creating new hub.

It is not my browser doing this.

Please help Hubpages.

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
      getpaidtopostposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I bet you use Norton. just a guess. I have to disable my firewall when i create a hub otherwise it shows that same message.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Really?  I just switched from Norton to McAfee, but still never encountered that problem.  Isn't it dangerous to disable a firewall when working online where someone else can have access to your computer?

I disable norton then click the create hub button then go back to norton and enable it. no one will scan your ports and gain access within that time.

1. flread45 profile image80
            flread45posted 8 years ago in reply to this

that is how people take over your computer.don't disable your browser on line..someone has a hub on getting rid of this problem,but can't remember who.search computer problems in the forum search.

If someone gained access to my ports within the split second's I would be the unluckiest man alive. Think i would even start the lottery if this occurred lol.

2. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

I tell ya, I am afraid to click on that image... you never know.

3. all_time_guy profile image71
    all_time_guyposted 8 years ago

just use a proxy and then see the magic.

proxy is way too slow. also everyone is onto the ip addresses used by proxy networks so they are not as good as before, however to hide your identity they are great. I use tor every now and again what do you use?

working