How to create a URL 4 me? Do I add a capsule to the end of the hubpages URL to c

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

How to create a URL 4 me?
    Do I add a capsule to the end of the hubpages URL to create my own URL?

2. Cheeky Girl profile image71
    Cheeky Girlposted 7 years ago

Hello 6hotfingers3. I saw this question, and thought I'd help ya here. In Hub Pages there are 2 ways of making your own URL.

First off, your own URL is
    ...hubpages.com/profile/6hotfingers3

To set one up in a new Hub or in your profile page, do the following -

Go into edit mode, to edit your page, if you have a text capsule open, write your text, and include the word that you want to have for the URL. Put the URL as a word, not an address with a http//.....etc - unless you want the readers to see the address you are giving. Your word should be in bold. The  word might be "Cafe" or "Apple" or whatever. (People will only see the word, but once clicked they will be taken to that linked page.) Highlight the word you want and then click the "link" icon at the top of that capsule (looks like a figure 8 lying flat), and a box opens, asking you to key in a link or URL. NOW you can write in the URL, and that url will be the place the reader of your hub goes when they click on the link word, you follow me? The just save or confirm that and it is made.

The second way to make a link is easy. Just look at the top of the page of the hub you are editing, and select the "link" feature, its up there amongst the text capsule, video capsule and amazon capsules you normally select. When the link box opens, key in your link or URL. You will notice the http:// bit is included for you. If you tick the box for "Open outside of Hub Pages" the link will open in a new window, allowing the reader of your hub to remain in Hub Pages as well as read your new linked page. And then save and publish your profile or Hub. And that's how to do any URL.

There are more complicated things like referral codes and affiliate link codes that you can add to a URL  for linking to things in pages, I suggest you learn that after you perfect making URLS first You can put a URL anywhere in a Hub. Most people leave the link to a reference at the end of the hub just above any ads or comment boxes. Feel free to experiment with them, and ways of placing them to get optimum clicks for them. People seldom go below a comments box.

Cheers, and have fun on Hub Pages.

3. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

Thank you, thank you!
    I was hitting the wall on this one. Now I can proceed with my project.

Take Care!

Closed to reply

working