jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does it bother you when you notice that someone voted one of your answers down?

1. Road Trip Amy profile image61
    Road Trip Amyposted 7 years ago

Does it bother you when you notice that someone voted one of your answers down?

I get irrationally upset about it and was wondering if I'm the only one.

2. jdflom profile image76
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

I haven't had that happen on hubpages yet as far as I know, but I have had it happen on another website.

The first time it happened, I was kind of offended, but then I just learned that it's part of the way the website runs, and it's kind of a way of life in that not everyone is going to agree with you.

It's good that you recognize it as irrational, and it's probably nothing to worry about in the long run. Just don't a few vote down's scare you away from posting your insight/opinion on topics. smile

3. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Nope.   I just answer a bunch more and pretty soon I forget which ones I answered.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I think it makes you wonder why.
    The problem with voting up or down is the person does have to leave an answer or make a comment.
    It's one thing to vote something down and state why you did so which could possibly open up an interesting discussion and it's another thing to vote it down simply because the hub, answer, or comment was not what your were looking to hear.
    I have never voted down an answer to one of my questions.
    I accept and respect a difference of opinion.

5. wychic profile image87
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Nope, in many cases I look down the list and everyone else who answered got voted down too. Other times, I just assume I must have offended somebody, and that doesn't bother me because while I don't try to be offensive (in fact, I do try to be nice and polite), if somebody wants to be offended because they disagree with me then that is their right. That said, if they're so easily offended then they may want to reconsider posting questions where the general public can answer them. I won't sugar-coat my opinion on things out of fear that someone will disagree with me -- if they didn't want my opinion, they shouldn't have asked -- but if they feel the need to put a red -1 on my answer to make them feel better then that's just fine by me.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

no it can be upsetting but dont let it get to you some peoople cant handle the truth

Closed to reply

working