jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)

About ad revenue

1. Pamda Man profile image52
    Pamda Manposted 8 years ago

I have a few questions. I'm hoping someone can answer them.

1) Since I'm not eligible for signing up on Google Adsense yet, will my revenue be saved?

2) What is trackers have to do with my revenue? Is it a part of Google Adsense?

Thanks.

1. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

your not eligible that means you below 18?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

1. I'm pretty sure that is a no...

2. Trackers let you know when people sign up under your account, you get a percentage of what they earn I believe.

Pamda Manposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So is that a part of Google Adsense?

3. Pamda Man profile image52

So if I want to get revenue from traffic right now, I need to sign up now or I lose it? Wow, that's so stupid. Can't they save it? If it is true, then if I want to sign up, how can I do so? Do I use a family member's information?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No I think you get traffic ok ,just no adsense account ie.( earnings)
      Goggle like to see a few hubs before they sign you up ( which is quite painless).

I have no idea how multiple accounts things work ,but hit the google adsense button and see what happens.

I don't understand. Can you elaborate more? Thanks.

4. Pamda Man profile image52

Which best describes you?
        I have an email address and password (Google Account) I already use with Google services like AdWords, Gmail, Orkut, or the personalized home page.
        I do not use these other services. I would like to create a new Google Account.

I don't have a Google account, so I choose choice number 2 and it tells me to type a Google email. So I type a google email and it says the email does not exist. What the f uck really? Google you fail.

The first one best descibes me.

If you use Gmail ,it should be easy to use that to get a goggle account? if you dont have one already...you sure the facility is not on your gmail home page?

Sorry my techie knowledge is limited ,but where theres a will theres always a way. smile

Plan B Go to Goggle Homepage and try n sign up using your gmail account etc

No, I don't have gmail. So I choose option 2. Then it tells me to type Google email (which I don't have, so I think it's make one) so I type one and then it says email does not exist. GOOGLE YOU FUC KING FAILURE.

5. Pamda Man profile image52

HELP!!!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Panda - as you well know, you have to be 18 to open a google adsense account.

And they will check whether you are 18 or not. Your only other option is to get some one else in your family or a friend to claim your hubs and open an account in their name and then give you the money.

I do not know how long until you are old enough to open an account, but look at it this way - unless your hubpages account is closed for breaking their TOS, by the time you are, you will have some good hubs with good traffic that might earn you some money.

I am using my family member's information.

The problem is that they don't save my revenue.

And this Google thing just fails so much. It won't let me use the gmail even though I created it. It says someone already used it. What the hell?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, good. But I wouldn't worry about the 12 cents you are losing to much lol

and the primary url is hubpages.com without the www.

Oh well.... I give up on Google. Curse you GOOGLE! lol

Why dont you just create a NEW gmail?, forget the other one.

And hey dont you need to be 18 to join Hubpages as well??

If it's just a few cents or dollars, I forget about it. It didn't say anything about being 18 when I signed up. It should have.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
                  Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure it asked if you were 18 or not when you signed up... Also, most people read the TOS before creating accounts on websites...well, most people SHOULD smile

From the TOS...found at the bottom of every page...
                  "Only adults (18 years and over) may become Authors."

Well then. It should have been very clear. Not at the bottom. TOS is a very long list and I don't think everyone read the whole thing. Besides, I'm not violating anything so why not?

6. Eaglekiwi profile image79
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

Get a Gmail account!

7. Pamda Man profile image52

I'm very sick of Google now.

I signed up a gmail account. Typed in my gmail and password with option 1. Then it sent me back to the previous page and then with everything cleared. I typed the info again, and then I did everything again and then it said there is a gmail account with that name. WHAT THE FUC K!!!

8. Pamda Man profile image52

Also, in the primary url box, do I put www.hubpages.com?

9. Pamda Man profile image52

Which means HubPages should ask people about their age before they sign up.

They do , what it means is that you didnt read the Terms Of Service (TOS)you furball you ,lol

Lol. Well, what do you want to do now? Ban me? I've written some not bad (if not good) hubs. I think that's unfair if you would ban me. But I didn't, so I don't think I should be discussing this lol. Lest I really get banned.

P.S. I still think Google fails.

10. Pamda Man profile image52

I GET IT. Google could solve a lot of problems by saying more.

working