About ad revenue

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I have a few questions. I'm hoping someone can answer them.

1) Since I'm not eligible for signing up on Google Adsense yet, will my revenue be saved?

2) What is trackers have to do with my revenue? Is it a part of Google Adsense?

Thanks.

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

your not eligible that means you below 18?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

1. I'm pretty sure that is a no...

2. Trackers let you know when people sign up under your account, you get a percentage of what they earn I believe.

Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So is that a part of Google Adsense?

3. Pamda Man profile image58

So if I want to get revenue from traffic right now, I need to sign up now or I lose it? Wow, that's so stupid. Can't they save it? If it is true, then if I want to sign up, how can I do so? Do I use a family member's information?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No I think you get traffic ok ,just no adsense account ie.( earnings)
      Goggle like to see a few hubs before they sign you up ( which is quite painless).

I have no idea how multiple accounts things work ,but hit the google adsense button and see what happens.

I don't understand. Can you elaborate more? Thanks.

4. Pamda Man profile image58

Which best describes you?
        I have an email address and password (Google Account) I already use with Google services like AdWords, Gmail, Orkut, or the personalized home page.
        I do not use these other services. I would like to create a new Google Account.

I don't have a Google account, so I choose choice number 2 and it tells me to type a Google email. So I type a google email and it says the email does not exist. What the f uck really? Google you fail.

The first one best descibes me.

If you use Gmail ,it should be easy to use that to get a goggle account? if you dont have one already...you sure the facility is not on your gmail home page?

Sorry my techie knowledge is limited ,but where theres a will theres always a way. smile

Plan B Go to Goggle Homepage and try n sign up using your gmail account etc

No, I don't have gmail. So I choose option 2. Then it tells me to type Google email (which I don't have, so I think it's make one) so I type one and then it says email does not exist. GOOGLE YOU FUC KING FAILURE.

5. Pamda Man profile image58

HELP!!!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Panda - as you well know, you have to be 18 to open a google adsense account.

And they will check whether you are 18 or not. Your only other option is to get some one else in your family or a friend to claim your hubs and open an account in their name and then give you the money.

I do not know how long until you are old enough to open an account, but look at it this way - unless your hubpages account is closed for breaking their TOS, by the time you are, you will have some good hubs with good traffic that might earn you some money.

I am using my family member's information.

The problem is that they don't save my revenue.

And this Google thing just fails so much. It won't let me use the gmail even though I created it. It says someone already used it. What the hell?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, good. But I wouldn't worry about the 12 cents you are losing to much lol

and the primary url is hubpages.com without the www.

Oh well.... I give up on Google. Curse you GOOGLE! lol

Why dont you just create a NEW gmail?, forget the other one.

And hey dont you need to be 18 to join Hubpages as well??

If it's just a few cents or dollars, I forget about it. It didn't say anything about being 18 when I signed up. It should have.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                  Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure it asked if you were 18 or not when you signed up... Also, most people read the TOS before creating accounts on websites...well, most people SHOULD smile

From the TOS...found at the bottom of every page...
                  "Only adults (18 years and over) may become Authors."

Well then. It should have been very clear. Not at the bottom. TOS is a very long list and I don't think everyone read the whole thing. Besides, I'm not violating anything so why not?

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Get a Gmail account!

7. Pamda Man profile image58

I'm very sick of Google now.

I signed up a gmail account. Typed in my gmail and password with option 1. Then it sent me back to the previous page and then with everything cleared. I typed the info again, and then I did everything again and then it said there is a gmail account with that name. WHAT THE FUC K!!!

8. Pamda Man profile image58

Also, in the primary url box, do I put www.hubpages.com?

9. Pamda Man profile image58

Which means HubPages should ask people about their age before they sign up.

They do , what it means is that you didnt read the Terms Of Service (TOS)you furball you ,lol

Lol. Well, what do you want to do now? Ban me? I've written some not bad (if not good) hubs. I think that's unfair if you would ban me. But I didn't, so I don't think I should be discussing this lol. Lest I really get banned.

P.S. I still think Google fails.

10. Pamda Man profile image58

I GET IT. Google could solve a lot of problems by saying more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)