jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

dealing with ebay ??

1. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 8 years ago

I have been adding ebay adds to my Hubs for the last two years now but for some reason the Affiliate link which I put on originally dropped  off.
    I only just realised this when I went to check my earnings whichwas ) dollars.

what would you you do  this is the reponse I got from Ebay

"Dear Mr Rutherford,

Thank you for your interest in the eBay Partner Network. Your account
    was expired because it was dormant for an extended period of time.
    Unfortunately, we will not be reconsidering our decision at this time.

I know this may not have been the answer you were hoping for, but I hope
    I've at least been able to explain things clearly.

Kind regards,

Dorothy Gambin
    eBay Partner Network Support"

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Was your account making sales during all of those two years?  That's how they determine active vs dormant...

1. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wel i dont know becuase apperntly the link was broken   A bit like working for someone without signing a timeshee ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Barry, I suspect the link "broke" because eBay deleted your account, not the other way around. 

The only criteria for being "active" on eBay is to make sales.  You don't have to log in, or claim payment, or anything.  They used to pay out every month, so if you'd made sales, you'd have known about it.  I suspect you just weren't selling anything, so you're no worse off really.

3. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If you made an error in entering your eBay affiliate id when you first put it into HubPages, I can see how that would make an account look inactive.

Did you really never once check it in two years to see what was going on?  I just can't imagine that....

working