jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it acceptable to reuse one's own previously published work in a hubpage?

1. EverydayKathy profile image51
    EverydayKathyposted 7 years ago

Is it acceptable to reuse one's own previously published work in a hubpage?

I have several posts in an old blog that I think would make excellent hub pages is it acceptable to reuse my own content in this way?

2. ekinternet profile image71
    ekinternetposted 7 years ago

I think you can as long as it is your own blogs, but you should check with the rules with hub pages.

3. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image66
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 7 years ago

Its acceptable if the work is at least slightly different (otherwise the search engines won't index it anyway). But other than that, you should be fine.
    let me know when you post them- would be interested to check out your work

4. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 7 years ago

I think you have to make adequate changes in the title, first para and in between the paras to make it look like it is not the same copy. Otherwise it will be considered as duplicate copy.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

You may republish content to which you own the copyright on HubPages, but doing so consistently will result in a score penalty.  Also, you are not allowed any outbound links on hubs that contain content found elsewhere on the web.  See http://hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional for more info.

6. sherrylou57 profile image62
    sherrylou57posted 7 years ago

Give it a different title:  Give it new lines. Make a new hub out of it.

7. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 7 years ago

No, you can't use previous posted works, even if they are your own. It will be flagged as duplicate material. HubPages is very strict about using original work on their site.

What you can do is to have the same theme, but you have to rewrite in different words.

I know this from personal experience. When I first started I used something from my personal website and it was marked duplicate. However, HubPages gave me the opportunity to change it and republish it.

working