jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Google Caffeine

1. Silver Rose profile image69
    Silver Roseposted 8 years ago

Just to let you all know that Google are testing a new version of their engine codename "caffeine".

To try out their engine visit my hub on Google Caffeine

1. lrohner profile image82
      lrohnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just read about it over my morning coffee. I suspect things just got a bit tougher for SEO gurus out there. In the old Google, theoretically they didn't put as much relevance on content keywords. I take it that may have now just changed? Can you expand a bit on how this impacts us hubbers and bloggers?

1. Silver Rose profile image69
        Silver Roseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's all in the hub, which is lengthening as I spot things!

But yes, I think this will help hubbers as there is more emphasis on on-page SEO

2. nicomp profile image70
      nicompposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good plug.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I did read your Hub , I thought Goggle was gonna send us all free coffee ..lol No seriously I almost clicked on the ad for; submitt your url...but thankfully did not!! (phew) ,I checked them out via Goggle though.

2. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 8 years ago

I did not notice heavier URL emphasis for keywords, but it certainly loads very fast. I guess that's why they call it Caffeine.

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

I just tried it out.  It's pretty interesting.  Seems easier to find exactly what you are looking for.  But now that I know I can update some stuff. wink

4. Silver Rose profile image69

LOl Eaglekiwi

I wish Hubpages could make the ads invisible to other hubbers. Perhaps something that could be put in the suggestion box?

5. Silver Rose profile image69

P.S.  This new engine seems to like Hubpages

When I put in the operator site:Hubpages.com into the new engine I got 1,830,000 results. On the old engine I got 1,800,000, which means they are indexing a lot more from this site, including tag pages and profile pages.

working