MOVING ON

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)
  1. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

Uninvited writer and others:

NOT spam, just announcing I will be taking my writing elsewhere, but will stay with Hubpages to read oThers' works and to keep up with the forums. Those who know me well already know this bit of useless trivia and my reason for doing so. Thanks for all your support and helping me find my voice.
    Fiery: Don't worry I will still be around enough for you to harrass me ;P
    just not as often as before...

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/change_like_obama.jpg

if I find a new "home" for my writings, you can check up with me at my usual email I've always had, to see where I am at!

(THAT'S WHY THIS THREAD IS NOT SPAM....NOT PROMOTING ANOTHER SITE smile )

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dude, what're trying to do? Get me to miss ya? Told ya a gazillion times - I'm into women! smile hey, stay safe now. And keep in touch. You da man!

2. AsherKade profile image59

'

3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Good Luck !

4. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Keep us posted where you will be writing at...I enjoy your work!  Good luck smile

5. AsherKade profile image59

THANKS....HOPEFULLY NO ONE THINKS i'M "DEAD WOOD"
    as mentioned in another forum....

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you taking a break cause your not earning? I remember you complained about it in one forum.

6. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I don't think you are dead wood, you are a wonderful writer. smile
    It will be odd without you sad

7. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Hi AsherKade. So sorry to see your posts. Hope you will keep in touch and let us know where you took your writing to, when you already found that place. Good luck!

8. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I can understand your choice, as I know your direction is to get your works published. I do hope the advice I offered in your other thread bears some fruit for you ... and that some day I will pick a book off the shelf and find it to be one of yours. smile

9. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Hubpages has made it pretty clear that it's not really interested in writing of any depth beyond that which can crank out some page views and ad clicks.  So, it's not surprising to see you leave.  It's sad, but the writing has been on the wall for a while.  Can't really blame a business for wanting to make money, though. Product quality is an old concept that apparently has passed its prime.  Money is, actually, the point these days.  Good luck wherever you end up.  I hope you find an audience that appreciates your work.

10. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Asher - the very best of everything. You will find success if you keep looking - and working - for it.

And I'm so glad that you found your voice smile

11. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Best Wishes. xx

12. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Good Luck in your endeavours Author.

13. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

well, goodluck!! hopefully youll still pop in here and there on the forums anyway.  smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Take Care AK...write lots and visit often!! smile

15. Dame Scribe profile image55
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I am going to miss seeing you announced in my email sad sniffle

16. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Take care Asher, good luck with all your endevours.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)