jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

New Firefox upgrade

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I wish I hasn't upgraded to the new version. I lost most of my add-ons because they aren't compatible...grrr.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 8 years ago

I have heard there were problems with the new firefox. Sometimes I use firefox, depends on the sites I am on and what days IE is acting up for me.
    It is the same with the Internet Explorer 8 upgrade. I never got it to work properly so I went back to IE7.
    You would think these developers would be accountable for putting out a product that would work without all the problems...example..Microsoft operating systems.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I don't know it's connected but I just had to run and disk check and delete a bunch of corrupted files too.

4. nicomp profile image58
    nicompposted 8 years ago

You can roll back your upgrade and reinstall your add-ins.

5. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up UW. I have been hesitating about upgrading & now think I'll just stick w/ this version. Sorry about that! I think nicomp is correct, but it is still annoying to have to reinstall everything.
    Sometimes these upgrades aren't! Ugh.

1. nicomp profile image58
      nicompposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The price we pay for Open Source (free) products. It's a huge pain for the developers and the end-users to keep all the incremental versions synchronized.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I tried to roll back but whatever happened erased my previous backups...

7. goodfriendiam profile image55
    goodfriendiamposted 8 years ago

who hear likes a firefox the most? I have tried other web browsers but keep going back to firefox (mozilla). how about you guys, is there something better to try?

1. nicomp profile image58
      nicompposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I use FireFox exclusively, but I still have my clients on IE because it's still the 'standard' in the business world. When you buy a computer at Best Buy, you get IE. You don't know about FireFox or Chrome or Safari unless someone tells you. Like it or not, web sites are developed and optimized to work on IE, not FireFox. Most sites still function just fine with FireFox, but it's still not the target browser for most developers.

HubPages is a significant exception.

1. goodfriendiam profile image55
        goodfriendiamposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have so much trouble with IE. I'll stick with firefox. thanks

2. RooBee profile image83
        RooBeeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just love HubPages *sigh* big_smile

1. goodfriendiam profile image55
          goodfriendiamposted 8 years ago in reply to this

i'm signing with you ah........

8. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

yikes   Oh no, that's maddening! So sorry - hope you can somehow find them, if that's possible??!!

9. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I usually like Firefox best smile I can't stand IE.

10. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

Good point, nicomp.
    goodfriend, I am a Firefox devotee. I never cared for IE, then I switched to Safari once I got a Mac. Since trying Firefox a couple years ago, though, I've never looked back.

11. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I found a site that had an earlier version so I am back to 3.0.13.

working