New networking site

Jump to Last Post 51-81 of 81 discussions (153 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Lrohner, I just scooped your Ronald McDonald House hub. Totally worthy. Wasn't sure if you were signed up or not yet. So I sent you a plug.

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nelle! I tried to sign up last night, but still haven't received the confirmation email. Will try to contact them tomorrow.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have noticed that you can still use the site in the meantime, haven't you?

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I don't know if it's possible to be a former trekkie. Thanks for reminding me of my adsense basics.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I guess...it's like always being an alcoholic smile

4. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I submitted my first article.  I didn't like writing the 200 word intro, but we'll see how it goes!  Thanks UW!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is the tough part, writing the info and trying not to duplicate anything from the article.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I cant find spell-check ,200 words oops characters? ,yikes well I missed the word count button too, I guess. By the way I am 'flyingkiwi' on shetoldme.com (bit of an understatement, forever the optimist) lol smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

It's not 200 words, it's only 200 characters. You might find that easier! 

I signed up too.  I've signed up for a bunch of these networking sites and never got much past setting up a profile - suspect this one will be the same!

5. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Cheers for this, I signed up earlier on under you and will try and post some good links to some good stuff.

There's that many of these sites out there that this one slipped away from my radar.

6. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

UW,
    What part of the site did you create the channel for?  Your user page?  Profile page?  Help me understand a little.  Thanks.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I just used shetoldme.com, like I did for Hubpages; I just put hubpages.com.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79

One thing the site seems to be missing is the ability to add friends...or did I miss that?

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79

True smile If you refer people you get one of their AdSense blocks out of 3.

As I said, I'm sure some others here will beat me soon enough. I'm not usually that good at getting people to follow my referral links smile

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Signed up and got my confirmation almost instantly.
      Need to look around a bit but I'll probably start on this tomorrow.
      Thanks!

10. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Dum dee dum dum dum deee dum, dum, dee dum dum dum dum dah dee dum dum dum dum...

Still waiting.

Are there others out there on Comcast? Wondering if the site was blocked from getting through to my email.

Comcast are usually pretty good Irohner, could you possibly just redo the whole thing( re-apply to join) again ,and see what happens?

2. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a secondary email account?  I used my gmail & received an instant email.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well, badcompany hasn't gotten his either or he hasn't checked. There are currently 4 people still classed as temp.

Drat!

4. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Comcast and I got my email confirmation right away.  Probably stupid question, but did you check your deleted files to see if maybe you deleted it by accident?  You should have gotten it by now for sure...

11. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

UW,
    I made the URL channel and it seems to be working now.  That's why you are the fearless leader and I am simple logical.

12. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

I just finished "scooping" my hubs - what a task!

13. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I turn into a pumpkin at a fairly early hour-- gonna try this tomorrow through UW's referral. (Thanks Uninvited.)

14. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Looks like I came late to the party but I joined too.  I went through your link Uninvited.  Thanks for posting about this.

15. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Just saw a reference to this post in another post.On my way to join via your profile page.Thanks for the heads up Uninvited.

16. euro-pen profile image69
    euro-penposted 14 years ago

@Uninvited writer: thank you for pointing us to this new site. I did sign up yesterday evening under your name and "scooped" a hub as a first test. I am surprised that this hub even got some thumbs up (or what ever the specific lingo of thumbing up there is). Still have to learn my ropes there, though.

17. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Hey joined using your referral, i was wondering how do i add a url channel to monitor earnings from this networking site. Congrats you are on the front page among top ten referrals, Way to go.

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Front page?
      Not only that,but she was number 3 last time I looked!
      Way to go!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

In your AdSense you go to Adsense set up, then choose channels, then click on URL channel, then click on add ULR channel. Just type in shetoldme.com and voila.

1. charanjeet kaur profile image60
        charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOw works just perfect, i have two of my hubs featured on first page how cool is that i have never been featured on first page other than hubpages ofcourse. Thanx for sharing.. Cheers for many more to come.

18. lrohner profile image69

Dum dee dum dum, dum dee dum. Dum dee dum dum DUM, dee dum dum dum dum.... (Still humming the tune from Jeopardy. Still no confirmation email and haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from there.)

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Can you cancel your account and try signing up with another email address?

I couldn't figure out how to cancel, so sent them another email. Tomorrow's another day, after all! smile

Um I would have just reapplied as they didnt do the confirmation thing , then theortically you have never joined?

No. It shows that I have an account, but there are big huge black letters at the top of the screen that says: "IMPORTANT : Click on the confirmation link in your email, otherwise your account will be deleted in a few weeks. Do it now! When you will have confirmed your email by clicking on the link in the email we've just sent you, this message will disappear."

Geez, they sound like bookmarking Nazis to me! smile

19. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I got three promoted woohooo..but not sure if its bought any more traffic yet...

UV , I cant change my avatar there ,think Im a bear on a couch with headphones on lol cute but im clickin on a diff avatar ,it wont change ,grrr

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Click on the new avatar you want, then scroll down and click "send"  (I think it says send).  That's how I changed mine.  I'm a crazy eyeball now, but better than the couch bear.  smile

Oh thankyou so much wordscribe wink will look out for ya

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Thankyou word ,gosh im such a ditze sometimes, now im something in yellow lol I think its someone holding on by their fingertips..funny avatars ,but least it has some colour.

1. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No problem, kiwi.  It's not intuitive at all.  BTW, my hubs I scooped have vanished into the netherlands...  How are people's getting noticed?  I'm not feelin' the scoop love...Poor me.  sad

Are they not under your 'user account' ws?

Hey James is really good at responding to emails though and prompt at answering,so fire him off a quick email. I suggested he maybe put something more on the left where people leave comments , but it didnt make sense what they were saying (unless you clicked and went to the whole scoop etc) and changed that ,nice guy. He's friendly and it sounds like a new site.
            However its gotta little way to go yet I guess.

Anyone seeing any traffic from there yet ?

20. Chris Eddy111 profile image70
    Chris Eddy111posted 14 years ago

Hi Uninvited Writer, used your referral link and signed up.  Thank you and you seem to be doing well on referrals.  Good job.

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well, I hope we all get some good traffic out of this, or some earnings.

22. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

i was so turned off by the sites very poor design that I became  curious if it had any visitors.

The site is only a PR3 w/ an average of 4k visitors a month ..im sure many of you have hubs that command a better presence than that! ... in fact ,most pages are only pr2 and teh pages with your links (not front page) have no page rank at all.

On the positive side i did see a bunch of hubs in the front page featured list ( to bad it displays the hubpages.com home page, not the article page in the associated art) and a backlinks a backlink

I hope it does work out great for everyone - but their are definitely many other proven promotional techniques for such a time investment.

Then again maybe you will cash in huge for being early adopters!
    I hope so...that site is just so..ugly, lol

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every company has to start somewhere and I am certain that HP probably had some of the same complaints. I have had an additional 173 clicks in one day which is not to bad for a company who is just starting out. There visitors will grow just like HP and other sites have some of us are just brave enough to dive in and take a chance. 4k is better then no k and those other promotional companies were walking in the same shoes.
      If there are other promotional techniques please advise I am certain that many would be curious. smile

1. sunforged profile image75
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

173 clicks? or visitors? if its a 173 clicks im jumping on this train right now

1. AEvans profile image72
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sunforged, you are naughty grab my hand and come along, what are you waiting for? smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

I don't think Sunforged is being naughty at all!  I agree - there are so many options for promotion and if you do them all, they take up a heck of a lot of time.  I've signed up for this one and posted my websites, but I can't be bothered adding all my Hubs unless it's proved to be a really worthwhile exercise.

23. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Thanks, UW.  I, too signed up with your tracker.  Just "scooped" 2 hubs, we'll see how it works.  Thanks for the information.

24. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I'm starting to get some traffic from Shetoldme.com, at least to my Triond articles.

25. lrohner profile image69

I did get a response from Jamie at SheToldMe today, and he/she resent my confirmation email. What I don't understand is how folks are getting any decent traffic from this site. STM's overall traffic is pretty pathetic. Doesn't even register when compared to HP. Their PR is 3 which is okay for backlinks. Is that what you're all in it for?

Yea I need backlinks , and today was the first time I earned anything for 3 weeks...maybe a coincidence ,dont know ,but oh well in for a penny in for a pound. wink

26. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Capsules explained ~~> http://hubpages.com/hub/capsules

by Darkside its a goody !

27. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

My 'scoops' nearly always get '19' +'s (why always 19 or there abouts?) I'm starting to think that there are 19 people that use the site and they just plus everything up because I've not had any traffic from the site, so what are these 19 people +'ing.

Does anybody know if the links are 'nofollow' or good for a little juice?

28. Jane@CM profile image59

My last scoop was queued 23 hours ago & not yet promoted.  Hmph!

29. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Is any one else having this problem with shetoldme, wonder why i keep getting this error msg- You don't have permission to access / on this server.

30. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I get that message when I need to log in.

31. Jane@CM profile image59

So who is still rating hubbers over at She told me So?  Just was over that and rated everyone I knew UP!  Hope this helps increase our traffic smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)