jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you click adds on others' Hubs?

1. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

Do you click adds on others' Hubs?

If there's a hub or hubber you like, do you click their adds to help 'em out, or is this not considered proper "etiquette"?

2. Brie Hoffman profile image68
    Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago

I don't think we are supposed to do that.

3. Darrke Thoughts profile image59
    Darrke Thoughtsposted 7 years ago

Google doesn't want us clicking on our own ads.  I think it would be okay to click on an ad on someone else's hub... but only if you are actually interested in the product/service.  I woud say if the only reason is to "help out" the other hubber then Google would call it fraud.  If you did it a lot then they might catch you... or penalize the hubber you were trying to help out.

4. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I don't click on ads, in general, really.

5. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

I don't click ads at all, because I never know where they will redirect me to. As far as your second question is concerned I don't think it is against Adsense rules as long as you are not asking people to do it, giving something to do it, etc... So if someone just wants to click your ads to be nice then I don't think it could be considered "fraud". Anyhow once you click the ad you can exit it, and I'm pretty sure it still counts.

6. iamalegend profile image74
    iamalegendposted 7 years ago

No.Never. Google doesn't like this. We have to strictly obey their TOS

7. lex123 profile image70
    lex123posted 7 years ago

If we are genuinely interested in the ad we can click on the ad, not just with the intention of helping the hubber. If we are clicking just to help the other hubber means we are unethical in our practice which Google consider as 'fraud '.

8. Debby Bruck profile image72
    Debby Bruckposted 7 years ago

Every so often there is actually a book or product of interest, which certainly can be clicked. That shows that advertising works! You might even make a purchase.

9. Klena profile image64
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

Google's not very keen on this course of action!

If you are genuinely interested in an ad, click away! That's what they're for. But doing it to "help" another Hubber out, whilst a lovely gesture, will make Google count it as fraud.

10. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I have, but it was a matter that I had a sincere interest in.  I have no interest in manipulating the adversting game......wouldn't even know how!

It wasn't done to assist the other writer, but to pursue my own interest which was represented on their hub.

11. Infoswell profile image60
    Infoswellposted 7 years ago

I seldom click on ads, however, if it is an ad of genuine interest, I will click on it.  I don't believe it's click fraud if I am wanting to be directed to that advertiser.  However, click fraud is not a practice you want to get involved in.

12. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 7 years ago

No I never clicked and never thought about it. If you really interested in that ad, look at the url in the ad unit  then open that site from new browser window by typing it manually.

13. kimbles profile image46
    kimblesposted 7 years ago

If they don't interest me I don't click but I am trying to make a habit of at least commenting or voting on each hub I visit.

Closed to reply