do you click on ads on hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (40 posts)
  1. vaguesan profile image70
    vaguesanposted 14 years ago

do you click on ads on hubpages?

do you ever click on the ads on hubpages? If so, do you do it to help other hubbers out? I'm not talking about click fraud here, I'm just wondering if you are more inclined to checkout ads on your fellow hubber's hubs as opposed to ads on some random site you stumble across.

2. profile image55
    megan828posted 14 years ago

no,because i just joined.In the near future i probably will though. smile

3. TheWicklessCandle profile image58
    TheWicklessCandleposted 14 years ago

Hubbers generally don't. Also, you cannot click on your own. We're here to enjoy your reading, but we don't always click on ads.

4. vaguesan profile image70
    vaguesanposted 14 years ago

To answer my own question,
    I find that my resistance to clicking other people's ads on hubpages is slightly lowered.

Im interested to hear how others feel about it.

and of course i dont click my own.

5. Techtree profile image62
    Techtreeposted 14 years ago

No, i dont click on ads intentionaly, i click only when i found something intresting in ads.

6. Good Guy profile image83
    Good Guyposted 14 years ago

Those not into some "extra" income, would not be bothered to click.  Only those who are, are more responsive to do other Hubbers some "favor" by clicking the ads.

7. freelanceauthor profile image61
    freelanceauthorposted 14 years ago

It depends on how attractive the ads are. Sometimes there are ads that are just too attractive to click and find out more information.

Aside from that, it also helps knowing what competitors are doing if the ads happen to be on the same niche as you are promoting.

8. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 14 years ago

It depends. If the ad is relevant to what I'm reading and it's something I'm interested in buying, then yes. Since we could all use some extra income, I'd rather buy through a fellow hubber and help support their writing habit :-)

9. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 14 years ago

I like most Hubbers and answer this question with a NO!

10. urs_dipak profile image61
    urs_dipakposted 14 years ago

I don't dare about the other things, if I like to know about the advertisments or sometime the contains of the hub i favour my team and often click on the ads.

11. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 14 years ago

I usually never click on Google Ads or any ads for that matter. And I think many people do the same. That's why it's hard to make money with Google AdSense, especially on hubpages, where people are really interested in reading the hubs and not the ads that appear on them.

12. profile image0
    RoyZwamposted 14 years ago

It surely depends on the ad.
    If I'm reading for example, an hub about photography and I see a nice ad where you can buy camera's, lenses etc. I might click on it.
    However, I mostly don't click on ads.

13. babelc profile image55
    babelcposted 14 years ago

This is interesting. We are all here to read and write stuff but isn't it ironic that without those "annoying ads", internet marketers and businesses, we wouldn't have facebook, hubpages and even Google in the first place? Coz that is how they make money (through advertising) and everything is about business and money...

It is really sad that the "money system" that we are currently using encourages creativity but it kills altruism in the sense that "we want to offer our expertise for free and we want to help other people" but WE GOTTA PAY OUR BILLS and everyone must find a way to survive....in a monetary sense and we cant keep offering free stuff forever because the money will be coming out from our own wallet...

14. Andy471 profile image59
    Andy471posted 14 years ago

Yes.  If I see an ad I am interested in on the page that I am reading then I will click on it.  I don't click on my own ads.

15. nicregi profile image66
    nicregiposted 14 years ago

actually i dun mind helping others.

however normally i willl click the ad only if the ad is interesting..if could help other hubbers like when looking for a product,why not help hubbers right?

16. lizmoss71 profile image60
    lizmoss71posted 14 years ago

I don't often click on the google ads, but I have been known to click through to amazon to buy a product I'm interested in smile

17. profile image50
    king214posted 14 years ago

Depends if the product looks good. And what the ad looks like.

18. noniebdavis profile image76
    noniebdavisposted 14 years ago

I click on ads if I like the writer and the hubs they produce.  I feel like viewing the ads is supporting the writer in a way.  If someone was looking at my hub, and saw a link relating to my article/hub, I would hope they would do the same.  I think its silly that we use google and facebook supporting mass advertising, but we don't support the little guys by clicking on a few ads on their hubs or blogs.  The way I look at it is, google floods the internet with countless ads that they are constantly making money off of whether you click on the ad or not. If I don't click on an ad, the writer or host of that website has their website or hub flooded with ads for GOOGLE to make money and not them.... And well, I don't want google to get away with that... They are getting paid, so I'm going to click on the ad, so the host can make some of the money that google is making off of their website.

19. Peter Flynn profile image61
    Peter Flynnposted 14 years ago

Sometimes but usually not, making money with google ads is a numbers game, if you get enough people looking you can make money. But to be honest most people ignore the ads.

20. Elfgar profile image60
    Elfgarposted 14 years ago

Hi

I never click on advertisements on pages. I check up for products of my interest directly on shops with possible product, so I have no intention on clicking ads. Usually affiliate programs will fill up my demand for additional information.

21. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 14 years ago

If the ad is relevant, sometimes. But I personally find ALL Internet ads suspect. It just seems to be the nature of things. But to those who think clicking on an ad to support a writer is a good idea, I only say, it serves only to make the click ultimately irrelevent, and the idea of getting paid for it as well. If we all just aimlessly clicked all day to "pay" our favorite writers or websites, eventually the people at Google, or wherever else would eventually pull the plug on the idea that it makes sense to pay for clicks that don't really generate real buyers, and ultimately, money.

22. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 14 years ago

I click on people names to see what they write about . If an advert apeals then I would click on it as why not help a fellow hubber out if possible .
    I mainly read the hubs, where the person is from etc.
    I study the forums so  I can learn more and be able to help newer people .

23. John T. profile image60
    John T.posted 14 years ago

Occasionally if the ad interests me, usually I don't though.

24. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

According to my online experience
    and my time spent with hubpages (going to be 3 years in October 2010) and other
    revenue sharing sites and blogs, I think that no one should click on other
    people's ads without any motive or interest in the product. ... read more

25. kgnature profile image60
    kgnatureposted 14 years ago

Sometimes they do a great job of targeting the ads and I find something interesting enough that I want to know more.

26. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 14 years ago

I never click on my ads, whether it's mine or on some other site - a lot of them are weight-loss products that are too irrelevant ("1 rule to a flat stomach: obey" and so on) or get-rich-quick schemes.

27. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 14 years ago

I think I did once because the item for sale was something I really needed.

Otherwise, I'm not wealthy, and I just read articles.  I would like to be able to 'shop' more and buy more.

I didn't know that ' clicks' helped people whether you buy or not. But it would prob take too much time and it's illegal to click your own ads...........

Ah well! I would like people to buy my ads smile...........

28. davidwagar profile image59
    davidwagarposted 14 years ago

well if the ads are relevant to what i am interested in than why not? i will click on it but if someone told me to specifically click on the ads then this is click fraud and i will not click on it.

29. Roy Miller profile image61
    Roy Millerposted 14 years ago

Oh yes! If the ads are giving me what I am looking for, I will click on them to get what I need. I am not bothered by the earnings made by publishers. If they are helping me, I ll try to help them as well.

30. Evan Hutchinson profile image69
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 14 years ago

Honestly, I rarely do. I just don't really notice ads that often, but if I do notice ones that pertain to something I take interest in, I'll click them.

31. snagerries profile image70
    snagerriesposted 14 years ago

Seems like a very debatable question... It all depends upon person to person. For me, If an ad is of my interest then I would surely click it no matter what..However I do get some good number of clicks these days everytime I write new content. Thats the key to my income

32. World-Traveler profile image61
    World-Travelerposted 13 years ago

If there is a risk of losing an AdSense account I would not recommend clicking on any ads.

33. sugz profile image67
    sugzposted 13 years ago

i never click on my own adsense ads.. thats not permitted
    but if an ad grabs my attention, and lately most of the ads i've seen on the hubs i read.. but other peoples.. heck yeah.. all the time

34. stuff4you profile image59
    stuff4youposted 13 years ago

very interesting question. I don't know if clicking on another person's ad or two would break any policy.

As an adsense publisher, I have that kind of empathy, that's all I'm going to say. ( I would never click my own ads, since google adsense is a valuable asset which I'd hate to lose )

35. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image64
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 13 years ago

It just takes too much valuable time to go around clicking on people's ads. I'm all for helping out my fellow hubbers, but better than clicking on people's ads, is for us to learn from and teach each other.

"Feed a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Show him how to fish, and he'll eat for life."

36. kpfingaz profile image65
    kpfingazposted 13 years ago

I don't. If the url is visible and I'm interested, I would check it out through that url.

There is a trick you could use if the url is not visible and I'd recommend people not go around clicking on ads just to earn fellow hubbers money. I'd rather click on ads on other sites.

Try this when you come across an ad that interest you. Right click on the ad and select "copy link location".

Paste the link in the address bar (don't hit enter) and go to the end of the link. At the end of the link you will see a url staring with http://.

Erase everything before the http:// and hit enter. You should now be able to browse the destination site without clicking on the ads.

We're all here to make money but not at the expense of advertisers who also have the same goal as us. They spend money to put up those ads too.

37. Bible Studies profile image69
    Bible Studiesposted 13 years ago

Since I got clobbered already and people minced my words.

Directly from Paul Edmondson CEO

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/67737#post1483104

"Clicking on other people's ads is a big no,no and will likely result in getting banned from AdSense and HubPages."

Best explanation: from humagaia "You as a signed up member are a part of HP in the eyes of Google. By clicking an ad you are likely to be clicking an HP adsense ad 40% of the time (thereby not rewarding the writer but potentially HP themselves). If it is deemed that HP condones this their adsense account will be closed."

38. ExplodingPopTart profile image60
    ExplodingPopTartposted 13 years ago

I will click on ads sometimes if they are relevant to my interests, but I am new here and still confused about how this helps other writers: does the Hubber get paid when someone simply clicks on the ad, or only if Hubbers buy the items that are being advertised?

39. amurbach profile image59
    amurbachposted 13 years ago

Yes, I feel like the ads are more trustworthy for some reason and now I am wondering if it is okay to do so...

40. p10kabhijita profile image43
    p10kabhijitaposted 12 years ago

Yes, sure. If I like the writer I definitely make it a point to click on a relevant ad. It doesn't take much of my time

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)