jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Question about Spam Comments

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

Are we supposed to get notification of comments that are classified as Spam? 

I only just noticed that we can now "delete forever" comments, so I went to the Comments section of my account and applied the "Denied" filter so I could delete them.  I'd never used the filters before, so out of curiosity I selected "Spam" - and discovered a bunch of comments in there, that I had never seen!

The majority were perfectly good comments and I do apologise to the commenters, who must have thought I was ignoring their comment!

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same here.

As a result I went through every one of my hubs to check them all. But it was only two or three hubs that had this problem.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 10 years ago

Thanks Marisa,

I just went to check my spam comments - I had only one - and it clearly was *not* spam. I think this is something HP staff should look into.

3. profile image0
    IĆ°unnposted 10 years ago

hehe, marissa, your post made me go look too and I didn't have any.  Yay!

but you know, if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't even have looked. smile

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 10 years ago

I had to look too. Unfortunately, I had loads of them. I didn't even know about this. There was one real comment in there though, so thanks. I will have to check there more often.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 10 years ago

I've never been notified of spam comments.  I just go take a look once in awhile.