jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is there a red "duplicate" word under two of my articles I published?

1. BlackDoctor profile image56
    BlackDoctorposted 7 years ago

Why is there a red "duplicate" word under two of my articles I published?

Please help.  Thank you.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Because whatever you have published, or the majority of it, appears in print somewhere else and is therefore not original.

Is this a copy of something you have placed somewhere else like a Web Site ?

That's what the Red Duplicate means.

3. humagaia profile image56
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

Because whole sections of your hub about diabetes is recorded word for word on a number of other sites including blackdoctor.org which I presume to be yours.
    Just copy the first paragraph of your hub and enter it into Google search and you will see the other sites where exactly the same words are used.
    When you wrote the hub you will have seen the 'continue' page. On this page it says that Hubpages is for unique content - even if it is your own.
    You will need to rewrite your article before it is seen as not duplicated material.

4. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I got DUPLICATE  on one of my hubs because I copied a couple of poems in it from the web...at least thats what I think it was there for !!

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

Who knows. I took information from several articles, rewrote into one, did some drastic changes, and got flagged duplicate.  This does not make sense. It is as though you take notes, while researching, write an article, then that will be flagged as well as duplicate.

working