Let's Discuss Your Mind

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (90 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-What do you find most amazing about how your mind and thoughts work and operate? Do you try to understand how your mind works or do you just take what it gives you?

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Works like a movie.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of our movies are more enjoyable than others. lol

2. rcisophie profile image59
      rcisophieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me probably one of the amazing things is the equilibrium you nedd to have at neurochimical level - its were we see the close relation between material world and the world of personality, abstraction (I'm trying not to call it spiritual because it would start misunderstandings). I saw how the mood, the will and behaviour can change according the chimics/pills you take - they all have consequences on synapses and brain functions.
      I can't say if I try to understand my mind - I would say that I like to watch it, pay attention to it by meditation and reading about it also.
      To try to understand how it works we would need to pay attention and do some analysis - by this I mean to develop awareness of our mind and by that of all our body. Because mind is reflection, awareness, conscience, self-conciesness and perception... Sensitive perception. So for me mind is also the most basic physical perception.
      And you can develop it, there are several kinds of meditation that can contribute, like Transcendental Meditation.

1. shamelabboush profile image55
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

-------------

Right!!! It's been proved that people of meditation have more active areas in their brains than usual people. This trait can be found in religious people, artists like poets or painters...etc

2. marinealways24 profile image60

Thanks for adding. Have heard a lot of good things on meditation.

3. profile image0
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As much as possible, I try to control my mind. smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can control your mind? Ooo wise one show me these ways lol I can't control mine even if I tried lmao

1. profile image0
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Your postings always make me smile.

OK, I'm not being a Smart A** but years ago I listened to a lot of Tony Robbins Cd's (Life Coach) - I'm sure you know him. So I picked up some tips from him. smile

We must, or our minds have the ability to control us. I think.

1. earnestshub profile image79
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe it already does. Few people ever get to see their real "self" in the subconscious. Education, environment and socializing are able to make us aware of our inner needs to some degree, but what we really want? Allusive. We need to be ever vigilant of feelings that arise and the direction they take us in. in life many people just keep making the same road to the same place and never figure out they can be somewhere else only when they can change those feelings. smile

And they can change those feelings when they learn and understand the feelings and separate the individual thoughts from the ones that are pounded into the head since birth.

4. blue dog profile image61
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i do spend a bit of time wondering about the complexities.  on the other hand, it's those complexities that sometimes cause me to shrug my shoulders, turn, and walk away.

Lol what is the fun in that? I admit it is likely 100% less stressful on the mind to let it be rather than find it's workings. I think it's much more entertaining to analyze the thoughts than to throw them out.

5. manlypoetryman profile image80
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's amazing is how your mind works, marine always...

http://bruehoyt.com/superheroes/DC/batman/joker/jack2.jpg

Where does he get all those highly intellectual questions?

I'm a St. Bernard. Would you expect less? lol Too bad I don't have many answers for them. lol

6. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know perfectly well how my mind works. I give it absolute freedom. I trust my mind 100%, as my mind is me, in every sense you can imagine.

I trust my mind as well. However, it doesn't always trust me. lol

1. tantrum profile image61

lol  but you are your mind ! you should stick together, like lovers big_smile

It doesn't answer enough questions. I think it's broken. I want a divorce. lol

2. shamelabboush profile image55
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Great question marinealways24. It can be applied on a psychological scale as well as medical one. Unless you're highly educated about how your body functions, most people don't care. The human mind is a miracle on its own. It has millions of fucntions and only 20 percent is discovered. All scientists are still baffled about it where they declare that: a smart human being uses around 30 percent of the mind capacity which is intriguing; so, what happens if we use a 100 percent of it?

Thank You for adding your thoughts. Do you think this percentage rises and makes new connections in the brain as we learn more and more? Do they have any idea of how to use a bigger percentage of thought and the mind?

------------

I think YES dear but you need two things to achieve that: TIME & MONEY... by this I mean: you need to read a lot and you need time for that. Thru the years, scientists produced many techs on how to utilize the human mind such as a relatively new science called: NLP (Neurological Linguistics programing). This will teach you how to use your mind, senses and your intuition. I read a lot about this NLP and it is REALLY useful. Back to reading, it helps augmenting or expanding your capabilities like reading about history, science, physics and math, learning new languages...etc On the other hand, as our muscles need food like protein, our minds also need their food which is Phosphor (I think) which can be found in seafood. This is pretty much a way to maximize the brain functions...

Dear? I'm a man silly. lol

I would like to compare connections in our thoughts to connections in being taught.
          If we learn how our personal thoughts work, do you think this increases the percentage of the brain being used compared to teachings from another? Which increases a greater percentage? Learning ourselves or learning others?

--------

Don't you think I know that you're a man! smile You are and a good man too... I use this term with my fav hubbers... back to your question: if i got it well, an imaginative person is way smarter than a practical person, this is just an example. Plus, our environment plays a major role in that... being poor and struggling thru life is different from being rich and comfortable...

Thank you for the compliments Sir. Your thoughts are always very appreciated. You are a good man as well. Thanks. In the rich/poor example, I think both have equal learning opportunities, just in different senses. I also think the wealthy take advantage of their learning opportunities more often than the poor would in most cases, with the poor usually not realizing they see what the rich may never see, as the rich see what the poor may never see. I think both have equal learning opportunities if recognized.

thank YOU sir, your argument here is correct. briefly, i think the learning process is highly circumstancial and changing... We can't in anyway define the right way or method about how the mind works. It's a wonder of nature indeed...

That part is odd to me also how we have the ability to consciously separate our thoughts compared to other life in nature. We have the ability to debate our nature as other life follows nature with no disagreement.

2. earnestshub profile image79

The upper limits for new connections are not very high. We only have about 40000 connections and as we age we lose a good percentage of them over a ten year period.
        Some newer medicines have shown a capacity to get the electrician in and "clean" the connections, but it is not the brains best feature at this point in medicine and more is being known daily. smile

Alright, just one thought and question on that. If we learn more though life and experience, how do we continue to "lose" connections as we age? Let's say we do lose more and more connections as we age, how can more and more knowledge be accumulated over life and experience? Shouldn't it be the opposite if our learning was based on the connections?

it seems it gets more difficult, but we have the knowledge to apply to what we already understand, and the knowledge of how to learn I guess.
            The axion loss is around 10% every ten years after age 40.
            There is a good body of evidence to support an MAOB selegiline (same family as some antidepressants) to be able to diminish the loss of connection, and I have used this myself with good results, and quite a bit of empirical evidence to support that it works. (IQ tests, hair regrowth, skin condition, and general wellbeing.)
            A lot needs to be known to take it safely like all drugs, but it has been around over thirty years and been the subject of many properly executed experiments, especially with rats which carry an amazingly similar chemical structure to we humans.

I think I was confused. You are talking about the pace at which we learn, correct? I was thinking of the accumulated knowledge. I think it could be possible to change the differences in learning rates without drugs if new thoughts are developed on how we learn.

3. Jewels profile image82
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Until the metaphysical dimension of thoughts and stimuli are discovered, I doubt science will be able to bridge to this current mystery.  For one, understanding and experiencing thoughts do not begin with the brain would be a good step.

You might criticize me for not meditating yet and asking a question lol. Where do the thoughts come from, the air?

3. andrewagmacker profile image62
    andrewagmackerposted 14 years ago

Well, our mind works more than we know, it often does things that even we who are the owners of their intend, or are we just an object of our mind.

I am very curious about the brain functioning. I am a student of dentistry, but I'm passionate about psychology and psychiatry. Working with Hypnosis and try whenever possible to be more conscious about myself.

4. andrewagmacker profile image62

YES. The more we discover about our mind, we observed that most know nothing about it. This number of 20 or 30% is only supposition. But, YES, by self-knowledge we can increase our potential. I'm not saying that we would be Super Heroes, but would develop further our existing skills.

1. arunjain1989 profile image61
      arunjain1989posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Andrew you are right.And thats what leonardo da vici and einstein did.They discovered their mind and used it to potential!!

Discovered thier mind?

Is there a way to actually show in science that a larger percentage of the brain is used as more is learned?

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Understanding my mind is like reading a book that is complex and hard to understand. One minute I'll be thinking of a momeory and the next a scene from a story pops out of no where.  My mind is bloody and gory and other times it is peaceful and beautiful. It is constnatly changing like the sea right before and right after a storm. I can think about work and a scary scene in a story at the same time. When I talk it comes out simple but when I think it is complex, far from simple. I understand how my mind works but no one else does. And at times when even I don't understand it, I let my mind go, let it flow and write what I either am thinking or even what I see. I think in words and I think in pictures. Like I said it's so simple and yet so complex in my brain that at times I love it and other times it scares me.

Thanks for adding that. Sounds like you have your own mind figured out. What do you question in others mind and thoughts?

6. andrewagmacker profile image62

I do not want to go into the merits of the paranormal, I do not believe many of these charlatans. But in a few sessions of hypnosis, hypnotists made by some friends of mine, since the facts occurred as the patient's thoughts hypnotist guess, something like telepathy. This only occurred in some patients who can achieve trance "sleepwalking".

What "shamelabboush" said really is a good alternative. There must be dedication.

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I don't question other people's mind and thoughts. They are their own thoughts to figure out themselves. If my friends come to me stuck in their thoughts then they can explain it to me and I will do my best to help. But other than that I let others go in their own thoughts.

Ok, thank you for your thoughts. Thanks for not cussing me out for asking you personal questions. lol

1. profile image0

LOL Marine there you go again thinking I'm going to curse you out hehee. You are too funny. you can ask me personal questions dude. If I think it isn't appropriate to answer then I won't but I usually answer personal questions. smile

Works for me. Did me asking if you was going to cuss me out make you debate cussing me out?

2. shamelabboush profile image55

-------------

I think you're right in some way! people sometimes get offended if we try to correct them or guide them. It happended with me many times, so I decided not to assist anyone unless I'm asked to...

1. profile image0

LOL that is so true. I did try a few times without them asking and yea it wasn't pretty so you want my help you have to ask for it now smile

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

i find it fascinating how dreams work..... i have a sister who died 10 years ago, and i keep having recurring dreams about her being pregnant, about buying clothes for the baby, about not getting to see the baby, so i don't know what size clothes to buy for the baby.... sometimes i feel guilty that i have not got to see her and the baby  is a few months old........ so weird

Hello, sorry to hear. Hope all is well now. Do you think the thoughts are from the unexplained or from your minds creation from the loss?

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really do not know..... i foget about them then i see a something in a shop it reminds me and i then remember all the different aspects of the dreams.......  She did kill herself and recently her daughter turned up to stay with me for the summer holidays from school...... i wonder if because i talk about Lesley with her daughter so much it is fresh in my mind about when she had the daughter, it is most strange.  My mum died last year too and i have had a bad twelve months..... but these dreams are different from anything i have had before as they are so vivid, and seem real..... as though i have cut her off somehow, not that she is dead, and the guilt is all mine, as she is somewhere out there waiting for me to see her baby isn't that strange

1. Lisa HW profile image61
          Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, sorry to hear such a thing.  The circumstance of her death has to have included a lot of "issues" that other deaths don't.  I used to pretty much see my own dreams as nothing more than all the things, words, thoughts, etc. I'd run into in, say, the previous week - mixed up and dumped out in foolish "dream stories".  After my mother died (years ago, natural causes, but lots of "issues" surrounding the particularly nasty and heartbreaking circumstances), my sister and I both noticed we were having "parallel" dreams (as far as the "story" to them went).  I decided to really try to analyze them, because it was becoming clear to me that we were dealing with "issues" in layers, with the most obvious "issues" being "dealt with" first, and the least obvious/harder-to-figure-out being at the "bottom of the stack".  After I saw the pattern the meaning of all the dreams just kind of fell into place.

I'm only going to mention the last, hard-to-figure, dream as an example (in other words, I'm not turning this discussion into "about me").  My sister and I both had dreams that our father, who had died 25 or so years earlier, was in one room and very sick.  The room and he were covered in cobwebs.  Our mother, also still alive but sick, was in another room in the house but not covered in cobwebs.  So, on the one hand, they both were "equal" in being sick in a room in the house; but they weren't together and certainly weren't in the same "atmosphere".   My sister was disturbed by the dream, but then I was amazed to hear she had the same one!   What I realized was that we were "emotionally" trying to reconcile the fact that our parents were essentially "equal in being dead", but in our hearts we hadn't processed the grief equally, to the point where we had ("in the back of our minds") our parents in the same place (in our hearts).   Our minds probably "knew" that our father was long, long, in whatever state buried people are after so many years; so that was probably an easy image to apply in the dreams.  On a more obvious level, they were separated in our dreams and yet in similar situations in some ways.  I realized that we were trying to reconcile the knowledge that they were both deceased with where we were emotionally, as far as having processed the emotions associated with loss. 

What had been interesting was to see the dreams go from so obviously "about the surface-level issues" (like the fact that my mother had gone through amputations, so my sister and I had dreams about her dancing around strange fins, rather than feet - which was about the real-life, concrete, situation before she died) down to needing to process the idea that she was now "equal to our father". 

Only you could figure out any "level" this dream could be, based on whether you've had others; but I'm wondering if your dreams reflect some longing to have your sister here, in the happy/promising situation of looking forward to a new baby.  Or maybe thoughts of her daughter bring up in your mind (even the back of it) something like how happy your sister was to be looking forward to the baby?  Maybe your mind needs to "assign" happiness to someone who took her own life and left you struggling with issues of her unhappiness?   I don't know if you've only had this one dream, but if you've had others about her you could start with the first ones and try to figure them out.  From there you may be "moved down" to the more hidden issues and guided (by yourself) to figure out what's causing this one.  The "waiting thing" could be related to any thoughts of her waiting to see you in some afterlife, or of her waiting for you to process something emotionally....    What I saw in my own (and my sister's parallel) dreams, was that the mind puts "the surface things" it knows into the dream as images, but then it takes some figuring out to associate the more hidden emotions in the dream with those in real life.

These days my mother occasionally pops up in my dreams about "general life", but she's "just regular" and just seems to happen to be there, among whatever else is going on.  There's no real pattern to those rare times she's in my dreams, and I kind of just think my mind is "throwing her in" because, even with the issues processed, she'll always be a part of my life.  If it's not that simple I don't see it as worth figuring out because it happens so rarely and doesn't include anything particularly remarkable in the dreams.   For my sister and me, the "layered" dreams came every several months over the course of a few (maybe two/three) years following my mother's passing.  It was as if once we realized (consciously) we needed to reconcile not feeling the same about our mother as our father, that was the end of the "issues".  I know this is a long post and may not be any help at all, but I thought it may be worth it if there's even the chance it could be useful to you at all.  I'm guessing that because the dream is always the same there's some deep-down emotion(s) that needs to be processed; and the things in that dream can lead you to what it is.  I'd think if you had already processed all that needs to be processed (recognized in your conscious mind and processed "intellectually", while awake) your dreams of her may be more like the occasional dreams I now I have of my mother (there sometimes, but with no particular pattern or repeating images).

Sorry to hear about your losses Brenda. Possibly thoughts are attached to energies or we are simply obsesessed on a single thought to where it seems realistic. I don't know.

9. Paradise7 profile image66
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

marinealways24 wrote:  waht do you find most amazing about how your mind and thoughts work and operate...?

For me, the power of synthesis in human minds and thoughts, not only my own but others' as well.  That power of putting two disparate ideas together to form a new idea is what creative thinking is about, and how our minds do that is such an awe-inspiring mystery.

1. Kaabi profile image59
      Kaabiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think what is more amazing is how simple molecules arranged in complex arrays can create something as amazing as consciousness.

As for that "We use 20-30% of our brains" comment, that is not true.  We use portions of our brains at times, but there is no way to "unlock" the full 100%.  I used to think this too, but my psychology teacher cleared this up.

I think this misconception stemmed from the fact that we would like it to be true.  It gives us the impression that we have so much more potential that can be reached simply by using more brain, but that's not how it works.  To become better, it takes effort, not just a turning of a key that automatically gives you more power.

Of myself, it is weird to me that I can do most things easily that require complex thought compared to those that require simple thought. I think I often over analyze things that require simple thought taking me longer than the average person to accomplish a simple task. I also have symptoms of ADD and suck at math and anything my mind chooses not to be interested in. So, you could say that my mind has a say when it comes to a subject it isn't interested in.

On your last thought, maybe new connections are made in our minds when we have debate in thought.

10. marinealways24 profile image60

I would like everyones first thoughts when seeing the forum question. Did you first debate in thought whether or not to respond? What thought made you respond to the thread question?

the only thought was :  Oh ! I have to say hello to marine !! lol  And I think that's a brilliant thought

All of your thoughts are brilliant. Who would tell you otherwise? Not me. lol And the hello is always appreciated.

I'm sure lots of people would like to tell me lol

11. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://www.hopelessromantic.com/wackyheadpt/yellow_guy_crazy_hg_wht.gif

Speaking of minds...I seem to have lost mine...?

If you figure out how to find it, let me know. I don't think I have ever found mine to lose it. lol

2. tantrum profile image61

maybe it's underneath the tractor ? big_smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image80
        manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh-Oh...I left the mower part underneath still going...

http://www.buyamag.com/graphics/brainC91L.jpg

maybe that's why you make such good 'original'  poetry lol

12. marinealways24 profile image60

Another idea for the thread:

-Please write the first thoughts that enter your head when looking at my profile picture.

So the navy make this to their men ?

lol

Does the picture make me appear soft?

only like a dog lol

13. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

What? Mind? yikes

I don't have any. smile

Yes you do, it is controlled by women! lol

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, is THAT what people call mind?! yikes

Nope. That is what they call Penis control of mind! lol

14. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://www.triviatribute.com/images4/grouchomarx6.jpg
    Why...thank you, tantrum. And Here's to Everyone elses Original thought processes...as well. No matter how kooky!

Only someone who can split his mind in 10000 of pieces can write 'masterpieces' !! smile

15. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Gotcha wink

16. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I agree. Learning is about to get a shake up too. Thinking laterally is going to be part of the education in the future, with China trialing it currently with a view to putting it in all their schools! We may follow. smile

To be honest, I learn more from reading an hour on the Internet than I did from an entire day of highschool. Does public education even compare to what can be learned individually?

There is at least one individual who thinks so. I will remember his name I hope, he was interviewed on BBC radio on Friday. smile

I would like the information. I think it would be a great debate on whether someone can learn from 8 hours of public school or 1 hour of individual learning on the Internet. I think the Internet would win compared to South Carolina public education.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had a public-school education; and if there's anyone who is disenchanted with the quality of education offered, I'm that person.  I've learned far more in my life outside of any school setting than in; but I think where people make the mistake is in believing that what schools teach has to be in "it" (so they don't bother learning on their own).  In fairness to my own public-school education, the elementary school did a good job of teaching the Math and English basics; and secondary school did a mediocre-but-sort-of-ok-enough job of offering enough of the other subjects to make a "starting point" on which I could build (if that's what I wanted).  When I sent my own three children to school I just automatically knew not to count on the school to be their only education.

As for my own mind, I have a nifty memory that comes in handy.  smile  Other than that, I take my mind for granted (unless I feel like I'm about to lose it, in which case I do what it takes to hang onto it for another little while.  smile  ).

From the thoughts I have seen you add since I have been on here, you don't take your mind for granted at all. I think you have the upper hand.

17. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

wow, the brain well my left brain does not like the right brain and they are like siamese twins that hte each other.  Sometimes I am creative, sometimes borderline insane, moments of genius, it goes on and on so anybody figures it out please let me know

dori

lol I think our minds are twins! I would only say my thoughts have genius moments at insanity, none in sanity. lol
      Do you perhaps have ADD?

1. fortunerep profile image67
        fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Textbook Bipolar

How does bipolar affect thoughts if you wouldn't mind explaining?

18. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I try to gain as much knowledge as I can everyday after all normal people only use 1/10th of there brain so there is always room for growth. smile

Agreed. Something new is learned everyday when open to learning.

19. sparksdaniel2000 profile image71
    sparksdaniel2000posted 14 years ago

im trying my best to stay out of my own head these days.  I do find fascination in how vast my thoughts can become.  In less than a minute, I can go from thinking about what I want to eat today to what my dream house would look like, or even just random things like doodling.

Is it hard for you to focus on the task at hand or do your thoughts seem to concentrate when you want them to?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)