jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

hub rate

1. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 8 years ago

Is there a way to determine what your hub rate is (the number that is called rate this hub + or -)?

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Going by the help section there isn't. But it doesn't really matter, because nobody rates down a hub and there are very few who rate it anyway.

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 8 years agoin reply to this

good point...

2. relache profile image90
        relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it's been revealed that Hubs from India that are full of girlie pictures stolen from other websites receive the most thumbs down compared to other Hub topics.

1. free4india profile image61
          free4indiaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

But believe it or not those people with stolen pictures are making money like anything... Corruption has become a part of India. The laws are strong, but the enforcers are weak, they are under the pressure of corrupt politicians who are controlled even by thugs and underworld...

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
            Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We've been told the opposite.  The Hubs full of stolen girlie pictures get lots of traffic but hardly make any money, because people are coming to look at the pictures and aren't looking to buy anything.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

That info used to be disclosed on the stats page, but it was dropped after too many authors became obsessed about it.

If you sign up for the Hubpages newsletter, you'll get an overall total for how many thumb's ups your Hubs have received.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 8 years agoin reply to this

ok thanks...I will check my last newsletter.

2. LVM profile image61
      LVMposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great info.  I'll be signing up then.  Thanks.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image80
    wrenfrost56posted 8 years ago

I always uprate hubs I think are good!

4. free4india profile image61
    free4indiaposted 8 years ago

Read the last paragraph of my article

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-money-on-hubpages-2

and you will understand what i mean and why those guys have been here in hubpages for more than a year and still publishing girlie hubs.....

working