jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a way to change my hubpages name to my real name?

1. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

Is there a way to change my hubpages name to my real name?

2. suncat profile image59
    suncatposted 7 years ago

No, you can't change your user name on hubpages.

You can tell about yourself and your real name in your personal statement that shows when someone looks at your profile.

3. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

You are also allowed to have more than one Profile. You could change your name that way, but all of your other hubs will stay in the same name.

You could delete your old hubs and paste them into your new user name, but then you would lose any headway you made in the search engines.

4. To Start Again profile image78
    To Start Againposted 7 years ago

not unless you delete your current account and sign up with a new one, choosing your username to be your own name. Usernames can't be changed once you pick them.

5. pol1ce profile image60
    pol1ceposted 7 years ago

The only way to change your Nickname is:
    if a person from the Hubpages team with data base access can go to the ID table and change the name

I do not believe they are using your Nickname as ID, so even if they change it, all the Hubs that you made, questions, answers...etc will remain associated to your ID with the new name.

So the way is using the Hubpages support, contacting them with a valid reason and wait for an answer

6. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

You have to first email Hubpages support and ask them to cancel your account then start a completely new one. Which if you have a lot of content would not be wise to do if it's all performing well.

You could start another account in your name and just have 2 accounts,but there are some rules that apply to that you would need to browse in the FAQ.

7. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image68
    Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 6 years ago

There is no way that I know of. My profile name is a typo sad the I in Wilkins is capitalized when it shouldn't be. Wonder if anyone has ever noticed? It's peeved me for the latter part of the last four years!