Are there any benefits to participating in the hubmobs?

1. smanty profile image68
    smantyposted 7 years ago

Are there any benefits to participating in the hubmobs?

2. nakmeister profile image81
    nakmeisterposted 7 years ago

As with any contributions you do on hubpages, it increases the chances of other people reading your hubs, following you, etc. You get to post a link to your hub in the hubmob thread on the forums, and I don't think you are normally allowed to post links to your hubs in the forums.

I participated in this week's hubmob topic 'The Uncommon History of Common Things'. I read and commented on several of the hubs in this week's hubmob. I then posted mine (a history of the umbrella) and had quite a few more people reading than I would normally get for a new post. I got some good comments (including on other hubs people had gone to after reading my hubmob one) and picked up some new followers, and a bit of fan mail! I also found a couple of people to follow.

So it is definitely worth doing, I'll definitely be participating in the next one too.

3. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 7 years ago

While joining the hubmob, you're expected to add the RSS feed of the particular hubmob question in your hub. This simply helps few other hubs get links from yours. Similarly, your hub (as part of the feed when the hub becomes HOT) is also listed in the feed and there's more chance for other participants of the hubmob visit yours.

Now, it's a benefit.. Isn't it..?