jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Rank

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
    Kimberly Bunchposted 8 years ago

What is the best way to get my Hub rank score up? I have articles that have been scored as top articles on other web sites but yet on Hub pages their falling short and my rank isn't good. Any suggestions?

1. lrohner profile image83
      lrohnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Phil is absolutely correct. Unique and original content will fare much better here on HP and on the internet as a whole. Your content appears to be original, but certainly not unique if you're posting it at several different sites. Not even sure why you would do that as now your articles are competing against each other...

It's absolutely fine to take one of your articles and tweak or rewrite it so that the search engines (and HP) will see it as unique.

2. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If they are the exact same articles, they will never rank well. Duplicate content is heavily penalized on HubPages.  You can't "repurpose" articles here, unless you delete them from their original location.

One other tip - it's considered bad Hub etiquette to leave comments on other people's Hubs with a link to your own article, unless the link adds value to the content of the Hub.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image99
    Anti-Valentineposted 8 years ago

People here usually go on about "original content". That not only means it has to be your own and not somebody else's (I'm not saying that you have copied, so relax), but it has to be original in the sense that it's not a topic covered much. A lot of hits on your hubs help too, I reckon.

3. PhilD41 profile image60
    PhilD41posted 8 years ago

I am new to all this so I may be very wrong.  What I have understood with "copied content" is that even if it is your content, having the same thing word-for-word on another site will cause problems for you hub.  You can write about the same topic or even the same ideas, but if you submit the exact same text on HP and another site your hub will suffer.

I am guessing this is to promote unique content for Hubpages as a whole.  You might want to take one of those articles and simply rewrite it and see if it helps.  I expect someone more knowledgeable then I will be able to shed more light though.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image99
      Anti-Valentineposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's true. Don't worry. You did well PhilD41!

4. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
    Kimberly Bunchposted 8 years ago

Thank you everyone. You all added great insight for me.

Blessings!

working