jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Is there a maximum number of hubs one can post in one account?

1. Numbers223 profile image50
    Numbers223posted 8 years ago

Is there a maximum number of hubs one can post in one account? I know with blogger you are only allowed to post upto 100 blogs per account. Is that the same with hubpages. I read the hub terms but i couldn't figure out if there was any reference to this.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, There is  no such restrictions in hubpages.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where does it say that?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't, there use to be a limit years ago on how many blogs could be on one account but those limits were lifted and now you can have as many blogs as you want per account.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

HubPages is a totally different situation anyway - one blog can have hundreds of posts, so 100 blogs could potentially be enormous. A Hub is not a blog, it's a single web page.

3. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There used to be a limit. See Authors Status.

400 or more with a HubScore of 0-24 would put a stop on your account. I'm not sure if that has been lifted, but a mention of it has been removed from the FAQ.

I think it should be tweaked so 50 hubs with a HubberScore of less than 75 and the majority of hubs scoring under 40 should put a stop to a persons hub making abilities.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'd support that idea.  Why let the garbage continue to multiply?

1. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 8 years agoin reply to this

There could be a problem with that approach in that a "tweak" in the Hub Score programming could suddenly drop some really fine Hubs into the cellar...and/or a Hubber who'd been cellar dwelling for a long time could be eliminated, which would  cut them out of the loop entirely and forever.  I'd hate to see either of those happen.  Several of the Hubbers I've fanned have been "down" for quite a while (anywhere from a few weeks to many months) and then suddenly rocketed up to Hub Stardom. 

In fact, I can think of four separate writers who suddenly went from single digits to scoring in the 80's and 90's consistently in recent months, with one showing every sign of doing so right at this moment.  Each one moved up rapidly once he or she "got it".  I know of no other site out there that so consistently rewards improved performance in this way. 

To maintain that sort of Field of Fertilizer for Aspiring Writers, I'd be willing to  let the garbage continue to multiply endlessly.

1. Angel Of Love profile image72
            Angel Of Loveposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you support what darkside said about this, ask HubPages to  change the site to WriterGuildPages.

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would fully support that, but you still have the issue of picture hubs scoring 98 etc.... (But lets not go there). I actually also believe that duplicate content should be banned. If you want to publish elsewhere, then you have to publish on hubpages first. That way, everybody can be sure that it has not been plagiarised. This would stop the cheats at the very first hurdle.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74
          JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ryan,
          I support your idea.

2. wrenfrost56 profile image79
    wrenfrost56posted 8 years ago

Yep no limit what so ever! Isn't that great!

3. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 8 years ago

It sounds nonsensical to limit the number of posts.

4. college-economist profile image60
    college-economistposted 8 years ago

If you have quality hubs, you can have as many as you want.

working