jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you had any articles flagged by HubPages lately?

1. PR Morgan profile image60
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

Have you had any articles flagged by HubPages lately?

I had an article that has been published for over a month that was flagged for "not meeting Hubpages standards" .  It was a travel article on Siesta Key...I am stumped as to why they flagged me....

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4641137_f260.jpg

2. dablufox profile image54
    dablufoxposted 7 years ago

Hubpages passed a new rule that you have to have at least 50 words for every amazon affiliate link. Also it may be that Hubpages doesn't look to kindly to copyrighted images of celebrities or Hubs full of pictures of scantly clad women, especially if there is not all that much meaningful text.

Ideally hubpages are looking for Hubbers who provide real value, great info, solution to problems or showcasing valuable and useful products even.

I have nothing against your hub, but the images can easily be found on any celebrity website or doing an image search on each celebrity on Google images.

Maybe if you take off a few of the images, make some of the other images smaller, add some more text from your own research and take off a few amazon links, hubpages will get off your back.

Hope you don't take my criticism to heart, just trying to offer some advice.

Good luck with your hub!

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i've had 2 so far. one was 9 months old but i guess there are methods to the madness.

4. JackWhitey profile image75
    JackWhiteyposted 7 years ago

Which Hub was it? And did you check out the amount of words you've put in?

5. Orygyn profile image61
    Orygynposted 7 years ago

My very first hub was flagged today for being "Purely Personal". I agreed with their assessment, but why did they not do anything about it for 2 years and then flag it today?

6. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 7 years ago

OMG don't even get me started on this one.  GREAT QUESTION!  As you might guess, I am fully animated and still experiencing the annoyance and frustration.  Truly, if I started to tell you it would take the entire page. 

Hmmm, there is the option here of hitting the 'make a hub' about this isn't there, LOL

PR-my very first hub, published for over 10 months, and NOT substandard by any means, was flagged and pulled off the published rack b/c (per the letter I received) it was 'substandard'. 

I saw RED.  On investigation it was flagged b/c it had "too much personal content"   OK...do ya think!  It is a MEMOIR!!!
    It was a mothers day memoir written the w/e of mothers day-the w/e I joined last year and most certainly my virgin hub, LOL

So...I later posed the question here: are memoirs allowed?  and guess what?  My question became a featured question in March in one of the weekly newsletters.  LOL  Oh, the irony of it all.

So...the short answer to this question is:   YES. 

BTW-I, out of a matter of principle, have yet to 'fix' that wonderful Mothers Day Madness hub that was flagged. 

Oh, and in case anyone wants to assume that it did not fit standards by way of # of words (about 1200), quality of writing (take a look at any of my current hubs-it's more of that), # of products used in it (zero) # of watermarked videos or photos (none-used one personal photo I took), etc etc.   In other words-other than it had too much personal content it was (ego here:) 'flawless'. LOL

7. PR Morgan profile image60
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

I guess I am not the only one that has had that happen, or the only one to see red (Denise)...It really did bother me but I'm over it....I think it would help if they were more specific...but after 2 years they should be grandfathered in! lol

working