jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What's best: Long Hubs or sectioned hubs?

1. jreuter profile image87
    jreuterposted 7 years ago

What's best: Long Hubs or sectioned hubs?

Do you think it's best to divide a long hub into 3 or 4 parts that can be published at intervals, or is it better to just cram it all into one BIG hub?

2. Matt in Jax profile image68
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

I think Hubs can definitely be too long so I'd have to vote sectioned off ones. My patience grows thin if they wear on like a newspaper article does for me.

3. Donna Janelle profile image72
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I personally prefer shorter hubs than one huge long hub. I think they are easier to read and honestly I tend to start skimming about halfway through a long one unless it is extremely interesting.

4. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 7 years ago

The challenge in creating sectioned hubs is to create an engaging hub that will make readers want more.   Moreover, it is important that each hub can stand alone.

5. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

There is something my speech teacher once said about speeches that can apply to hubs.  make your hub like a womans' skirt.  Long enough to cover everything but short enough to keep someone's interest.

It's ok to section a hub.  I've done it and so have others.

1. Dawnrichard profile image60
      Dawnrichardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love your comment Daffy Duck. I also love short hubs.

6. normaiper profile image67
    normaiperposted 7 years ago

Long hubs are too boring to read. Sectioned hubs are the best because they're easier to follow and understand

7. jreuter profile image87
    jreuterposted 7 years ago

Looks like the consensus is shorter!  Thanks everyone, this helps a lot!  And Daffy Duck, great analogy, haha!

working