jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How does your hubscore drop when it hasn't even been published yet?

1. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

How does your hubscore drop when it hasn't even been published yet?

I was working on a hub and wasn't able to finish it in one sitting. So I saved it to return later to edit. When I went back, the hub score had dropped below 50. How is it changing when it shouldn't even be published yet?

2. the clean life profile image81
    the clean lifeposted 6 years ago

Excellent question. I have been wondering the same thing, I just finishedone more hub and it started out at 50 like always and before I was done writing it it was 49
    Sorry I can't give you a good answer.

3. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the google adwords. If those words your title consists of is googled more or less; the score falls/rises depends on it.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure.  I do know that if you like to see them have higher scores then you should make them capsule rich, and work on them for several days before publishing - and you can sometimes debut them in the 70's.  Probably you could debut them higher, I can only speak from experience.

5. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

i think it's been dropped because it wasn't published yet......one of the numerious laws hubpages live by.....incovinenting though

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

what , , ,OK, from now on I will keep draft form on my PC, not fair. They are discounting the value of a hub due to being unpublished or held in a saved status.

7. momsponge profile image70
    momspongeposted 6 years ago

That is a great question!  I think maybe just on title alone and SEO the score varies depending on popularity of keywords. 

One of my hubs that is not published yet has 40 views.  Does anyone know who views them before they are published?

8. mcgizzle profile image60
    mcgizzleposted 6 years ago

I would like to know a for sure answer as well.  I had the same thing occur, except got 52 before I published my article.  I assume it has to do with the keywords and SEO score of the keywords with the hub.

@momsponge - I know I had a few views before I published the article too.  I am guessing they were from me when I accessed it from 2 different ISPs.  I would have thought this shouldn't count, but i suppose it does.http://hubpages.com/question/120463/how-does-your-hubscore-drop-when-it-hasnt-even-been-published-yet#

9. Mamelody profile image59
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

It is also due to how often you publish hubs. People who frequently publish hubs have higher scores than those that don't. Also it depends on your activity on hubpages. If you are in forums, and read other people's hubs and leave comments, your hub score always increases even if you haven't published it yet.

10. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I think it is likely to be the change in overall rating for non publishing hubs. When you first created the hub page, it will be 50. But when you do not publish it, there will also be others who created the hub pages but unpublished as well. Guess there is a calculation based on the numbers of unpublished hubs and drop by certain amount as the days passes by.

working