jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

My estimated ad sense earnings have reached the $100.54 mark.

1. JY3502 profile image88
    JY3502posted 7 years ago

My estimated ad sense earnings have reached the $100.54 mark.

No clicks have been registered in over 2 weeks. Is someone blocking them so they won't have to pay up?

2. Johanna Baker profile image75
    Johanna Bakerposted 7 years ago

Congrats for earning that much. I can't imagine Hubpages would do that, they are reputed to be a great website...

3. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Your profile says that you have been with Hubpages for 12 months & 335 hubs.That's almost a hub every single day! Congrats on hitting the $100 mark! Don't know about the hit block.

BTW it is against the rules to talk about how much you earned - this question will probably be deleted!

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Congratulations!!!  I know it feels good to earn something from a hobby.  Maybe you'll start making more steady revenue.

I seriously doubt that anything weird is going on.  I've had . . .probably as many as five dry days in a row with nary a cent. . .then all of a sudden, wham!  I'll make. . .fifty cents!  LOL!

you know, you can always do the Shetodme and Best Review thing to add dofollow backlinks to your hubs with Adsense on your summary.

5. jdavis88 profile image94
    jdavis88posted 7 years ago

I dont' think it is against the rules to discuss total made, just how much you make per click.. If you start publishing those number Adsense will boot you soon thereafter.

6. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

I don't know. . . Just by posting how much you make with this very question, you could be violating some of Google's convoluted policies regarding Adsense. Adsense makes it clear that campaigning is illegal. If you broadcast your financials, this could potentially be seen as campaigning. Maybe cut down writing about your success and things might go back to normal.

7. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Traffic has been drastically down for a lot of people, so there's the possibility it's that.  With a few years of dealing with Ad Sense, I tend to think nobody is blocking anything so they won't have to pay. Have you double-checked your affiliate settings to make sure you haven't inadvertently left out your Ad Sense code (especially, maybe, since HP ads have involved some actions involving codes, etc.).  I know I'm only one person, but I've always been very satisfied with the way things are done with the Ad Sense program.  Payments have arrived on time and/or early each month.  Technical glitches can happen, of course, but I do doubt it's something anyone has done intentionally. (Again, though, this is only one person's opinion/experience.)

By the way, if you HubPages ads enabled on your account people may be clicking on those instead of Ad Sense ads.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

The pay monthly, the month after you make the threshold.  So depending on exactly when you topped 100, it could be up to two months before you see the payment (longer if they mail a check).  Also make sure your payment information is correct and you have complete the necessary tax forms.

9. The Reminder profile image75
    The Reminderposted 7 years ago

Congrats...I reached the 1$ milestone!! hahha.

10. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Well good luck on that achievement, mine is still down at the bottom, must be doing something wrong....

11. johnyjane profile image59
    johnyjaneposted 6 years ago

Please also share some insight to your hub traffic in comparison with 2 week before stat.

I guess your hub traffic has fell drastically for google may have felt you have become smart enough to get some traffic from them if it is the case. Otherwise your money amount may be just rechecked for any possible fraud.

Just wait some more time and thereafter try contacting HubPages.

12. Deadsearose profile image56
    Deadsearoseposted 6 years ago

I'm nowhere near that but I also haven't had any clicks in the last few days.  I hope this doesn't last

13. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

I've seen the same thing happen a few times and here is what I have surmised.

1. Some ads when clicked believe it or not don't pay anything at all.
    2. Excessive clicks by the same I.P address. It would be absurd of Google to ban anyone for this as then you would end up with people going to websites of their competitors and clicking ads like crazy to get them banned thus eliminating the competition so to speak. Instead Google will just stop paying for clicks from that same I.P. Perhaps many of your clicks came from a reader who knew that by clicking that you stood a chance to get paid. That scenario is out of your hands of course,but is a strong possibility.

working