jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do You ever get fed up of answering the forums?

1. days leaper profile image78
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

Do You ever get fed up of answering the forums?

It might sound silly, but I thought I see what goes on in a forum, when one came up on the screen.  It happened to be a legalise drugs propaganda cartel.  And not thinking that these people don't want to hear the truth about drugs because it disturbs them as they can't seem to break away from it.  So, I said what I thought; now, I seem a bit locked in a battle for getting the last word and somewhat bored of it.

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

It is a hornet nest in the forum. Do not even try to get the last word because you will not get the last word.

3. days leaper profile image78
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

John Holdup:  For drug barons they should use corporal punishment.  Have your last word then! -but try to stop with the false accusatory implications and putting words into others mouths.  It doesn't make the forum any more interesting, nor does childishly claiming victory when you didn't get the irony in the first place.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I only post on rare occasion in the forums.  Every one that I have checked out seems to turn into a heated debate and frankly I have enough stress in my life, I don't need more so I quite going to the forums.

5. smanty profile image67
    smantyposted 6 years ago

To be honest, I actually did not even know there was a forum until a couple of weeks ago. Right now I am not bored of the forum, but I could see how people can get bored. I see some people with over 30 thousand posts, which must have taken hundreds of hours to complete. I don't think I will ever get to that point, and if I do, I will definitely be bored before then.

6. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

wow-just writing this question seems to have sparked a debate here.  If you are bored of the forums stay out of the forums.  Forum dialogue is not mandatory here on HP  LOL  You are creating your own experience there b/c, as you have stated, you want to get the last word in.  Why? 

If the drug discussion is such a hot topic for you and you want to 'convince' others of your opinion write a hub about it.  That's what this is for.  smile   

I don't engage in the controversial forums.  I'm a lightweight and go play in the sandpit.  smile   Good luck.

working