jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Post Panda, do you still recommend using bookmarking sites to create back-links

1. Quilligrapher profile image86
    Quilligrapherposted 6 years ago

Post Panda, do you still recommend using bookmarking sites to create back-links to new hubs?

Are bookmarking sights also being ignored by the Google algo bots?

2. nabeelplus profile image58
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

Actually its all about relevancy, any back link that is relevant to your content i.e. hub is counted by google

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Actually, post-Panda I recommend abandoning HP altogether - it is a sinking ship. Not because of Panda, but because of management reaction to it.

As for bookmarking - some sites are better than others, and while shetoldme (that I never recommended) probably does not have much value, sites like delicious likely still do. Though you certainly need to get a diverse backlinking profile if you want to rank for anything remotely competitive, and bookmarking is just a small part of it.

But again, spending time on building backlinks to hubs is a waste IMO, build your own site(s).

4. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I say any backlink is a good one! Any quick bookmarking site is just so simple to use that it's almost a travesty to ignore it. Also, remember that Google isn't the only search engine. Search engines like Bing give preference to sites/pages with backlinks from a large variety of sources so really even if a backlink seems worthless, it helps a little.

Relevancy is everything, though. If you're trying to get traffic for a hub on bird houses, it's pointless to get backlinks from sites that talk about marketing or traveling in Europe.