jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Does hubpages ever make you feel depressed?

1. dtn2885 profile image58
    dtn2885posted 6 years ago

Does hubpages ever make you feel depressed?

2. JT Walters profile image79
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

No actually quite the opposite. When I am really stressed I write and it makes me feel better.

3. Brett.Tesol profile image50
    Brett.Tesolposted 6 years ago

Not yet and I hope it doesn't  .... I'm here to write about what I enjoy and to socialize with interesting people. Most hubbers here seem to be very positive ... which really helps with my motivation to write. I hope it continues to be a good experience.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Yes - when I've got a hub getting huge traffic and my least favourite moderator takes it out of circulation for some bs reason. . . .it makes me depressed, but it makes me more angry than depressed.

But hey, I paid a huge amount of cash to use this service, right?

5. Naomi's Banner profile image78
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

Mostly not.  I get discouraged sometimes when my number goes way high and then for no reason that I can see the number drops down quite a bit and there is no feedback as to why.  That is depressing.  But I love HubPages and enjoy all the feedback.

6. rob_allen profile image82
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

No, i dont see any reasons why i should be depressed with hubpages. smile

7. Pollyannalana profile image85
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

Yes sometimes when I always work so hard to have the 400 word minimum and see others who do not make the effort have a higher score than me and in my knowledge or conceit if you will I find theirs not as good as mine also, so why is this? Because they have more friends visit? Only answer I can conceive but they talk as if they make no money so apparently more visitors is not a benefit. Maybe I look at hubpages too much like school where I was always at the top and it doesn't go on who does best?

8. clintonb profile image59
    clintonbposted 6 years ago

Not yet actually. There is a lot of good vibe around here..so its kind of good. I feel so much better reading the hubs and the forums. There is always energy on dis place.

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i wouldn't say it makes me depressed but it sure makes me wonder about how people think. some of the hubs and questions i see on here show me that some people live too much in a fantasy world and that others are border-line stupid.

10. Rosie2010 profile image73
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Yes, sometimes.  Maybe depressed is not the correct term for me.  Maybe upset, or aggravated, or angry would express how I feel sometimes.

11. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, never.  I'm not sure how Hubpages could make me depressed.  The economy?  Yes,  The condition of our planet, yes--but not Hubpages,

working