This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I have published 45 hubs and to date my adsense earnings is $10. Have I not comp

1. PETER UNDERHILL profile image71
    PETER UNDERHILLposted 6 years ago

I have published 45 hubs and to date my adsense earnings is $10. Have I not completed some form .

2. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Peter - I think we are at similar stages of Hubpage career here so I can help (I also think you ran out of letters in the hubpage Q but suspect I know what you are asking).  Your adsense earnings is $10. You have reached the Adsense "verification threshold" (this is very different to the payout threshold of $100).  Verification threshold means that they want you to confirm you are who you say you are.  They will ask you to jump through a few hoops.  One is they mail you a number (snail mail) and you have to input it somewhere in your google adsense account, at least this is what happened to me.  After you do enough of these verifications (I think I had 3 different things to do) then they are satisfied that you are really you.  Check your adsense account for the things they are still wanting you to do. 

They are basically just having you 'prepare early' for when you get paid out.  Yes, they make you prepare at $10 and only pay out when you get to $100.  (I guess they are being optimistic in case you earn the remaining $90 quickly or something!!!).  Hope this helps and hope I have understood your question correctly.

3. Sesshoumaru2st profile image57
    Sesshoumaru2stposted 6 years ago

OK if you already enabled your adsense account,you should get a notice from Google to fill out some tax information and payment choice.Google will also deliver a pin in the mail(you must use this pin as confirmation).You must also confirm through your phone by getting a few numbers to confirm with(either by text,or a call).If you have gone through this process already,then great.

Other than that,getting more capital from your 45 hubs would mean writing exceptional hubs that everyone will find useful(or most people).These people will then click on the ads if they find them useful.When you reach 100 dollars ,Google will issue your first payment.To get to that level,you need traffic, good title keywords and great content.Writing skills(essay format) is also important.I learned a lot from the recent writing competition Hubpages had,but I couldn't participate;I realized I was no match for the competition.

For more information,you can also go ask Google webmaster forum for the needed advice.There are some great people there who will help you. http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters?hl=en

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Does this mean that only American writers need to do this-or in general everyone?  I've found out that  I don't need to put in tax information  for hubpages income.  of course, I've just turned on my adsense account and have a long way to go before I get to $10.00

5. Pollyannalana profile image84
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

I have written hundreds and only had a dime so I quit them but they won't take down my acct #! Don't hold your breth to get rich here. But you can become known and that may help whatever you have in mind to do. (I have since deleted I know hundreds.)

6. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I have published 71 hubs and my adsense earnings are less than $10....I don't think you have done anything wrong, it's just the way things are.

7. tymmy profile image59
    tymmyposted 6 years ago

You have really done well. I have published seventy-five hubs and I have only earned a dime. Keep up the good work, your reward is on the way.

8. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i've published 47 hubs and i think i've made about $.38 . your doing good in my eyes.

9. clintonb profile image58
    clintonbposted 6 years ago

Your Earnings purely depend on how much  people interested in your topic of the hub. Earnings depend on the positions of ad placements. Use pics and content to make user click on ads. The representation should be eye catching so that user should feel coming back to your hubs again and again by bookmarking your pages. This will boost up your earnings dynamically.

working