Adsense earnings on HubPages: a problem

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)
  1. leocbrito profile image60
    leocbritoposted 14 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I'm having a little problem with my earnings here. I did everything right, following all the steps in the instructions about how to integrate my adsense account with the HubPages.

Sometimes, in my earning's report, I see the hubpages appearing as it had a click, but it don't show it, nor the earning...

Example:

Imaginary values about a day report about "hubpages.com/hub/windows-7-performance-test":

Page impressions: 20
    Clicks: 0
    eCPM: US$0,55
    Earnings: US$0,00

How it's possible? How can I have any click and at the same time have an eCPM value? It's a bit strange.. Looks like I'm having clicks, but the earnings aren't being generated, it's normal?

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It says 0 so it means you're having no clicks.

eCPM is "effective cost per mille"

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What? You have a 0 next to clicks, you have answered your own question... you have had no clicks. An impression is not a click, sometimes you get paid for impressions, but generally not.

2. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Hi leocbrito

I'm very new to Hubpages and don't know much about Adsense but what I would read from that report is that 20 people visited the page but no-one clicked on any adsense ads. That would explain why your earnings are zero - the clicks are zero.

3. arthriticknee profile image65
    arthritickneeposted 14 years ago

It gets more complicated than that:

Your figures show 20 page impressions which resulted in no clicks. This is normal. A good average conversion rate is around 2%.

eCPM is the estimated earnings per 1000 page impressions. This is a guide only and has nothing to do with acutal earnings. Every time you get a click this figure will change.

Also, not every click will earn. Google is very vigilant against click fraud (clicking on your own ads to earn money). Any click deemed 'suspicious' will not be paid (or charged to the advertiser). This will occur regularly without you going anywhere near your own adds and is annoying but a fact of life.

1. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya. They are vigilant. One of my hubs had some questionable adsense ads in it so I clicked on a few to see what they were all about. The next day I got an email from Google warning me not to do that.

They basically said that they monitor activity and protect their advertiser base. It implied that if I did it again I might end up with a negative click value when they refunded their advertiser for fraudulent clicks. Sheesh!

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're lucky they didn't close your AdSense account.  And you shouldn't be surprised, they say not to click on your own ads in the user agreement.

4. leocbrito profile image60

Thank you all for the answers, but.. the eCPM value only appears when I have at least one click. With 0 clicks, the eCPM must be US$0,00, no?

I'm saying this based in my site earnings.

Clicks will have nothing to do with it. As evidenced in your screenshot. 0 clicks and an eCPM is showing.

If you had 0 page impressions you'd have $0 eCPM, because there is no data available to measure the approximate cost per thousand views.

5. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Wow. You mean Google Adsense actually makes sense????? I mean, I've heard rumors of this, but I am confident that no matter how long or how hard I try to understand the Great Google Goddess I never will, so I don't try.

I know this much: Her ways are not our ways.

And don't cross her. smile

6. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Its not that weird, I got between 1-10 cents before with no clicks and no eCPM lol. Go figure.

~thranax~

7. leocbrito profile image60

Oh, so I really was wrong. I saw some more people in the internet saying about this too (have an eCPM with any click).

So... After 5 months here, and more than 2 thousand views in my hubs, I had just 1 click so far XD

8. ace1584 profile image60
    ace1584posted 14 years ago

if a 2% ratio is pretty standard should I be suspicious that I've had 7.2% ratio for the last week?

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, you should not be worried. As in any type of statistics, a very low sample size -- in this case impressions -- can greatly skew results.

9. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

No Ace, But google might be.  2 is average, from what I hear they are suspicious when it is over 5.  BUt if you did nothing wrong, which I assume, you have nothing to worry about.

10. angeleyes3106 profile image60
    angeleyes3106posted 14 years ago

Just thought I'd add something to shed the light on CPM~Cost Per 1000 impressions~ So you actually get paid so much per 1000 impressions~ HTH : )

Yes you can. If the Adwords Advertiser opts for such a campaign.

Though PPC is the way most of them lean.

11. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Google does pay a very small amount for impressions, not enough to make a living off though!

12. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

Actually speaking amount is distributed between three, the publisher, the hubpages and Google itself.

Advertisers pay much more than the publishers receive.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)