Evergreen Hubs, Capstone Hubs or Flagship Hubs?Which do u write

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Not having a large amount of hubs yet, has made the decision of focus a bit difficult again.

Having just finished reading all I could about the incentive plan from hubpages on the capstone and flagship hubs, I'm stuck again.

What do you write?

Is it a mixture or do you have one focus?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never actually written an official Capstone or Flagship Hub.  For Flagship Hubs, you have to write on subjects HP specify, and none of them has attracted me. Capstone Hubs are a huge commitment and I haven't felt like going there.

However, I've always thought that if HubPages thinks the Flagship concept is worth paying for, it must be a good template for any Hub.  So I try to include the basic Flagship elements in all my Hubs - i.e. I use video clips, photos, news capsules and an outbound links capsule to enhance the basic text.

2. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

um... More terms I didn't know. Don't even know what those are. Off to do more research.

My heads gonna implode, messily. wink

Dale Nelsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dont stress Gemsong.Same thing happened to me.Hence the question in the forum.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile smile

me too. except for flagship hubs, which i found out about the other day after Darkside posted to someone about them.

which is why i luv this forum - very useful and informative!

3. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Gemsong - Evergreen and flagship just means hubs/articles that don't age or go out of fashion, like 'Top 10 Tips For Hair Care' or 'Basic Puppy Training'.

Flagship means that you write a hub on a subject that's the best of what's on the web for that topic. It's packed with info, alternative resources, great media and so on.

Capstone means a set of hubs based around one 'capstone' hub. Darkside is a great example of capstone and flagship hubs - as are Lissie and Mark Knowles

And to answer the OP's question, I just write. I've created a couple of flagship type hubs by accident and I suppose all the one's about pregnancy could have been gathered into a capstone version.

Thanks Frogdropping.Do you think that if you find that say 10 hubs are grouped in your profile page, they could be considered capstone if you write the caphub(list of related hubs) or do you have to get permission before you publish as stated in Darksides hub about capstones.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you need permission first before you do Capstone and Flagship hubs.

2. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The reason I said you need permission before you start is because you need permission before you start wink

4. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I've finally made a smart decision. When I get great advice in the forum I'm going to cut and past so I can rerer back to it. Should have done it from the beginning, live and learn.

Froggy, you rule. smile Thanks for the explanation. Dunno if I'll every come up with something like flagship or evergreen, but at least I know I may stumble into one and that's good.

5. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Mine tend to be mostly evergreen.  Of my top earners, it's 50/50 between evergreen and non-evergreen.  Maybe this is dumb of me, but I never write the "biggest thing in the news" (Michael Jackson's death, for example) because I don't want my Hub lost in a sea of other stuff about the same thing.  (Besides, I don't really want to seem to be trying to "cash in" on anyone's death or other misfortune.)

6. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

I am still not getting the flagship and capstone hubs. How could I find an example of each?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/help/flagship_hubs_completed

and here's the definition:

A minimum of 1500 words, of your own, high-quality purely original writing
      A minimum of 3 relevant video capsules (YouTube or Google)
      A minimum of 5 relevant images
      At least 10 relevant links to other sources, each with your own 30-50 word description
      A news capsule (or highly-relevant RSS feed)
      Excellent thematic and aesthetic organization

The Flagship program is closed right now.

7. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I've written all those styles of Hubs without ever partaking in any of HubPages formal programs.

8. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

thanks, Marisa, I'll check them out. Just curious. However, the description sounds like what they tell you compromises a good hub,period.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)