This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

How do you feel about reading a Hub completely and then the comment box is disab

1. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image76
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about reading a Hub completely and then the comment box is disabled?

2. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

Generally disappointed.  I try to comment on a lot of the hubs that I read.  It's frustrating when I've read a good hub and can't leave any feedback.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I usually will privately contact the author and have found that it is usually a mistake or an oversight. Most often they thank me for pointing this out.

JSMatthew~

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Well, I tend to not vote it up, or share it if it's like that.  I also stop following people that never return comments.

This article marketing game is a sales game in a lot of ways, and you don't like a salesman that won't talk to you at all, nobody does; really.

5. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 6 years ago

I feel so frustrated because I read the entire hub only when I admire the author's work and the hub is interesting and beautiful. When I read start to finish I very much want to comment. Sometime when there is no comment capsule I contact the hubber and suggest him/her to add comment capsule.

6. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I find it frustrating. I personally leave a comment on every hub that I read. I think it is common courtesy, even if it is just to say nice job. Not to mention, then you know someone has read it. Sure, you can see how many views it has but how accurate is that. Maybe someone just clicked on the hub and clicked back out. So, I tend not to follow someone that disables the comments. That, and I like to be at least spoken back to if I leave a comment. Those that interact, I am more likely to be a good follower too.

7. tamarindcandy profile image58
    tamarindcandyposted 6 years ago

Bizarre. Why would you take out the comments capsule? It's not as though it can hurt.

8. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I too find it disappointing to find a comment box has been disabled. But I do know there are hubbers that have all their comment boxes disabled by choice. Maybe they think that it takes away from the hub somehow. I like the idea that J.S. Matthew contacts the author, and I might start doing this myself.

9. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I usually feel quite disappointed and sometimes annoyed.

About a month ago, someone I was following published more than five hubs per day for about a week. All the comment capsules were disabled. I felt rather annoyed that I had something to contribute and could not. What made the situation worse is that the person seem to have re-written two of my hubs word for word, yet HP did not find her in violation.

10. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I too find this annoying. I like to comment on hubs I read. I like to read at least one hub and comment on each of the people followin g me and that has not always been possible.  I understand  from J.S. that sometimes this is an error, but usually isn't in sales hubs

11. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

I feel a little let down, I am usually thinking of a comment while I read the article if I like it. Then I get to the bottom and I can't say anything!

12. thejeffriestube profile image74
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

I feel sad because they probably took the advice that Hubs with comments disabled perform better.
    :-)

13. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image76
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

TY all for answering my question. Maybe it will bring some insight to those who disabled their comment box.

14. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I wonder why people do that. I would think they would welcome any comments.

15. SuperheroSales profile image60
    SuperheroSalesposted 6 years ago

It is very frustrating to not get a chance to respond to what you have read which is funny because how many articles do you read on other sites and never comment on?  HubPages has created a great environment creating such an emotional response out of us when we can't put our two cents in, ha ha!

working