How do you feel about reading a Hub completely and then the comment box is disab

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image67
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 12 years ago

How do you feel about reading a Hub completely and then the comment box is disabled?

2. randomcreative profile image87
    randomcreativeposted 12 years ago

Generally disappointed.  I try to comment on a lot of the hubs that I read.  It's frustrating when I've read a good hub and can't leave any feedback.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image79
    J.S.Matthewposted 12 years ago

I usually will privately contact the author and have found that it is usually a mistake or an oversight. Most often they thank me for pointing this out.

JSMatthew~

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Well, I tend to not vote it up, or share it if it's like that.  I also stop following people that never return comments.

This article marketing game is a sales game in a lot of ways, and you don't like a salesman that won't talk to you at all, nobody does; really.

5. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 12 years ago

I feel so frustrated because I read the entire hub only when I admire the author's work and the hub is interesting and beautiful. When I read start to finish I very much want to comment. Sometime when there is no comment capsule I contact the hubber and suggest him/her to add comment capsule.

6. barbergirl28 profile image84
    barbergirl28posted 12 years ago

I find it frustrating. I personally leave a comment on every hub that I read. I think it is common courtesy, even if it is just to say nice job. Not to mention, then you know someone has read it. Sure, you can see how many views it has but how accurate is that. Maybe someone just clicked on the hub and clicked back out. So, I tend not to follow someone that disables the comments. That, and I like to be at least spoken back to if I leave a comment. Those that interact, I am more likely to be a good follower too.

7. tamarindcandy profile image62
    tamarindcandyposted 12 years ago

Bizarre. Why would you take out the comments capsule? It's not as though it can hurt.

8. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

I too find it disappointing to find a comment box has been disabled. But I do know there are hubbers that have all their comment boxes disabled by choice. Maybe they think that it takes away from the hub somehow. I like the idea that J.S. Matthew contacts the author, and I might start doing this myself.

9. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I usually feel quite disappointed and sometimes annoyed.

About a month ago, someone I was following published more than five hubs per day for about a week. All the comment capsules were disabled. I felt rather annoyed that I had something to contribute and could not. What made the situation worse is that the person seem to have re-written two of my hubs word for word, yet HP did not find her in violation.

10. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I too find this annoying. I like to comment on hubs I read. I like to read at least one hub and comment on each of the people followin g me and that has not always been possible.  I understand  from J.S. that sometimes this is an error, but usually isn't in sales hubs

11. danielleantosz profile image75
    danielleantoszposted 12 years ago

I feel a little let down, I am usually thinking of a comment while I read the article if I like it. Then I get to the bottom and I can't say anything!

12. thejeffriestube profile image59
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

I feel sad because they probably took the advice that Hubs with comments disabled perform better.
    :-)

13. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image67
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 12 years ago

TY all for answering my question. Maybe it will bring some insight to those who disabled their comment box.

14. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

I wonder why people do that. I would think they would welcome any comments.

15. SuperheroSales profile image57
    SuperheroSalesposted 12 years ago

It is very frustrating to not get a chance to respond to what you have read which is funny because how many articles do you read on other sites and never comment on?  HubPages has created a great environment creating such an emotional response out of us when we can't put our two cents in, ha ha!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)