jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are accolades?

1. New 2011 Mom profile image60
    New 2011 Momposted 6 years ago

What are accolades?

I see them on people's profiles, but I have no idea what exactly they are or how to recieve them. I have 1 and I'm not sure how I got it to be honest.

2. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Accolades are honors bestowed on someone for achievements. If you hover your mouse cursor over the award emblem, you will get a description of the accolade.

For instance, you will receive such a badge for membership of a year or more. Another one will be for publishing 10 or 100 hubs. Another one will be awarded for gaining more than 100 followers. And still another one for attracting 1000 visits to your hubs. Each of these is performance-based.

BTW, welcome to Hub Pages. Your one badge is for Level 1 commenter, for leaving insightful and engaging comments on others' hubs. Well done!

3. profile image0
    Nick Lucasposted 6 years ago

According to Hub Pages "So what are hub pages accolades you ask? They are achievement badges that appear on your profile. Some of these are a milestone that you accomplished or involves other people in which you get awarded."  Basically, a mark of some type of achievement. 

http://david470.hubpages.com/hub/What-a … -Accolades

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

To learn about the accolades you can accumulated, I suggest you visit the learning center and search for accolades. You will find that Hubpages has many different accolades, which is given to it's writers for various activity.

5. New 2011 Mom profile image60
    New 2011 Momposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for their comments. I have had troubles with the site trying to find different things so the links and comments helped a lot. I really appreciated it!

6. ArockDaNinja profile image79
    ArockDaNinjaposted 6 years ago

Accolades are like trophies for participation and contributions on hubpages.

7. rembrandz profile image85
    rembrandzposted 6 years ago

Accolades are like little awards given to you by hubpages for the various milestones you have reached....like the others have said here...for a good amount of hubs, or followers, or 1 or more years since the date of joining.

These could also be very encouraging to the hubber to think that the moderators are noticing every good deed of a hubber.

8. Maralexa profile image84
    Maralexaposted 6 years ago

I see you have received one, congratulations!  The only think I can add to what other hubbers have written above, is:  don't worry if you receive an accolade one day and the next day it is gone.  Just keep doing the good stuff you are already doing.  And, help newcommers!  Best of success on HubPages and with your daughter!

9. dan-1 profile image75
    dan-1posted 6 years ago

An accolade is a  display of recognition for achievements like a mark of acknowledgement or expression of praise.
    It originaly represented a right of passage and refered to a ceromony or salute conferring Knighthood in the middle ages.

working