jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Adding tracking code to Hubpages

1. Jokylu profile image61
    Jokyluposted 6 years ago

Adding tracking code to Hubpages

2. Jennie Demario profile image40
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

You mean like google analytics or statchecker? I'm not sure if this is even possible as we can't add javascript to our hubs.  Hubpages does provide some statistical information though.

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Would be better if the Q is more clear.

If it is with respect to to Google Analytics - yes, it can be linked to Hubpages and you can access all the reports. No need to individually add the tracking code. All you have to do is, have a valid Analytics account and link the same to HubPages as you did for Adsense. In the Analytics page give your site URL as yourname.hubpages.com (jokylu.hubpages.com)

4. dilipchandra12 profile image79
    dilipchandra12posted 6 years ago

You can track your pages on HubPages using Google Analytics. Sign up for a Google Analytics account and then enter the code they assign you (which starts with UA-) on your HubPages Affiliate Settings for Google Analytics.

Also you can link your subdomain to Google's Webmaster Tools. By this you can gain a better understanding of Google's view of your site and diagnosing problems. Also you can look at your link and query traffic.

For linking your subdomain to Google's Webmaster Tools you should first sign up for a Google Analytics account. Then you can link your subdomain to the Google's Webmaster Tools site by following the below given simple step-by-step guide;

Go to: webmasters tools homepage
    Click "Add a site..."
    Type in your subdomain
    Click "Continue"
    When it asks you to verify your ownership, choose through Google Analytics account...

I must say, linking my subdomain to Google's Webmaster Tools helped a lot in tracking my hubs status and the flow of traffic. I improved my hubs traffic by knowing what keywords were driving more traffic.

working