jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What is Level # ? Commenter. How are the levels figured .And what do the level

1. graebear profile image69
    graebearposted 6 years ago

What is Level  #  ? Commenter. How are the levels figured .And what do the levels numbers mean ?

2. MonetteforJack profile image73
    MonetteforJackposted 6 years ago

A Commenter is someone who reads a HUB and leave a comment after reading the hub.  The levels are figured based on how active you are in reading and commenting on the hubs.  The level number means the quality of comments you wrote along with your participation in the hubs.

3. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Here is a really good hub that someone wrote about what a commenter level is
    http://florabreenrobison.hubpages.com/h … -They-Mean

1. mamarou profile image38
      mamarouposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I clicked on this page and it gave a 404 error that it doesn't exist.

4. graebear profile image69
    graebearposted 6 years ago

Thank You ! very much for your comments..MonetteforJack and ..Just Ask Susan   it is helpful to me . The web site explains it very well also. I must have  missed it somewhere down the postings.. lol

5. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 6 years ago

Attaching a number to a commentator does NOT reflect the quality of the comment left; it strictly shows how active the person is on the site – a new way for HP to increase its visibility on cyberspace at our expense, a new way to make us compete for numbers, a new way to prove that quantity means more than quality; Pitiful!

6. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I guess that you have to be active on HubPages. I noticed that when I was inactive I was losing points day by day. It would be great if everyone was active because then Google would see that this site is even more popular and who knows, maybe something good will happen for all of us?

7. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

WOW! I just got an education. I thought a level-I was the better. I haven't really paid attention to it. I was actually frustrated at first with it. Now, my feelings are mixed. Also, thanks Just Ask Susan for the referral hub. I didn't know we had the option of hiding accolades. Great question!

8. Shane Belceto profile image59
    Shane Belcetoposted 6 years ago

Thank youf or asking this was wodnering myself and now I know too smiles smile
    ~Expect Miracles

9. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Good to know. I was wondering the same thing.  Thank you for the info.

10. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

The official HubPages answer to this question is at this link: http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/05/commenter-accolade/

The URL from Just Ask Susan doesn't work any more, as of 4/2012.

And some ideas below are not true. By looking at length of comment, and by reducing the score for short, repetitive comments and denied comments, HubPages is appreciating quality as well as quantity. I like the system.