jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Stuck as a level 5 commenter. What can I do to get higher?

1. poshcoffeeco profile image82
    poshcoffeecoposted 4 years ago

Stuck as a level 5  commenter. What can I do to get higher?

I've been stuck at level 5 for months and can't seem to move. How much commenting does a Hubber have to do?

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

I've reached Level 7 Commenter by leaving 5 comments to 10 comments a day, and then I slipped back to Level 6 briefly. I re-upped to 10 comments a day, and got back to Level 7 in under a week. I'm staying at 10 a day and seeing how long it takes to reach Level 8. If you want to track your # of comments / day and do this along with me, I'll include your results in a hub I'm writing about keeping commentor level high.

poshcoffeecoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sid, I'd like that.

SidKempposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cool - just keep a log of how many comments you make each day, and how many days go by until your commentor level goes up. Keep me posted through my email on my Fan Mail page (not fan mail), and we'll put together a hub together.

3. kcreery profile image59
      kcreeryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to try that as well to reach a higher commentator level.

3. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

But I don't think it is growing just with leaving a few comments.  Actually to go higher level, we need to participate in hubbing activities completely like asking question, answering question, take part in forum  discussion, leaving fan mail, helping fellow hubbers through our comments, etc, etc.  Normally I jump to each higher level within a gap of 3 to 4 months. Now I stand at Level IV. From here, I think, it is tough to go higher level and requires lot of efforts. Total participation and concentration is what actually count in final to get to move on with Commenter Level ranking. Still I don't deny the comments of SidKemp as he is a veteran with a stunning author score of 100.  What I wrote here is my experience and observation for  the last 1 year.

1. SidKemp profile image95

Sunil - I believe you are right in principle, but not in detail. All the elements you mention are relevant to our Hubber score. But I'm pretty sure - according to the LC guide - Commenter Level is based strictly on comments on hubs, not forums or Q&a

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Now I am at Level VI dears

4. f_hruz profile image73
    f_hruzposted 4 years ago

Should the QUALITY of the contributions not also form an important part of ones level?

poshcoffeecoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you are also right.

Yes. Negative comments that get rejected can lower your score. Short comments that are not specific do little or nothing to raise it.

5. c mark walker profile image61
    c mark walkerposted 4 years ago

Just leaving these "comments" improves your hubpages score? This website is mystifying and strange.

1. SidKemp profile image95

Not sure why you find it strange. HubPages is designed to support community in ways that encourage writing and increase income. When you leave a genuinely positive comment on a hub, you encourage the author and increase readership of the hub.

2. c mark walker profile image61
      c mark walkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for clarifying SidKemp, I understand now

6. adithgeorge profile image83
    adithgeorgeposted 4 years ago

The best think is to comment on a daily basis.In order to get a good commenter level you will have to consider both quality and quantity.This is my point of view after reading many articles and researching a lot.

working