jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How long did it take to reach your first dollar on HubPages?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

How long did it take to reach your first dollar on HubPages?

2. jimmythejock profile image86
    jimmythejockposted 6 years ago

some people do it in the first few days whilst others it takes a couple of months i was just over 3 months before I had made a dollar.....jimmy

3. point2make profile image83
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

Almost 2 months. I don't know if that is fast or slow and ,to tell you the truth, I don't care. The money is a nice surprise that I was not expecting when I first came to HubPages. I love to write and that is why I am here.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

After my ads started working, it took probably about a week or so. The first day my ads were active I made 6 cents, then 9, then it went up and down. I made $2.08 my first month (with just 3 weeks of ads working). I'm now in my second month, and my earnings are almost twice last month so far. We'll see....

5. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I have not been able to make 1 dollar yet but I am sure that if I was able to link my adsense account to HubPages that it would of happened in the first week. If you write enough pages you have more chance of making money. Then again it depends on which topics you write about and what is the CPM for that subject. The higher the CPM - the more likely you are to make more money. Some topics have adverts that when clicked can make over 5 dollars (just for one click)
    I wrote about the different kinds of CPM/topic on my Hub if anyone is interested. I think it was titled "What makes most money ..etc'

6. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

Victoria, Do you remember how many hubs you had published when your ads started working?

7. itsmonkeyboy profile image77
    itsmonkeyboyposted 6 years ago

I haven't made a dollar yet, but then I haven't written many hubs (two to be precise). I enjoy writing but then don't have massive amounts of time for it, I'm going to try and find more time though. I'm not really here to make money mind you, but it does add an extra interest to see if I can make a little. A dollar would be a good start!

8. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I made my first dollar on HubPages in four days. I've just passed my one month mark and have hit more than thirty dollars. It definitely became easier to make money after that initial dollar.

9. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Almost there and almost a month. Hoping as I get more articles it goes up.

10. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

It took me a month and a half to earn my first dollar here on Hubpages.  I earned ZERO on my first month with 30 hubs.  I know exactly how many hubs I had because I took the "30hubs in 30days" challenge.  I joined Hubpages in November 2010.. Christmas season, supposedly great earning season for hubbers.  A guy who started almost the same day I did, reached Adsense payout threshold ($100) on his first month.  It could happen.. it didn't happen to me, but it happened to him and others.   We didn't have Hubpages Ad Program then.   Best wishes here on Hubpages.. Cheers!

11. nifwlseirff profile image98
    nifwlseirffposted 6 years ago

It took me 2 months and about 750 hub views, but I took my time in writing and publishing as I was overwhelmed (and still am) with other commitments.

working