jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever had a violation warning on HubPages?

1. Prisana profile image79
    Prisanaposted 6 years ago

Have you ever had a violation warning on HubPages?

I just got my first one saying that my original poem was under review for a duplication violation. The hub police even unpublished my poem and is reviewing it. All is not well in Hubville.

2. jimmythejock profile image87
    jimmythejockposted 6 years ago

Have you posted you poem on a blog or on any other site other than hubpages, then if so you will be subject to a duplication warning.....jimmy

3. PaulPd0 profile image84
    PaulPd0posted 6 years ago

I have, but it was because I submitted a hub before it was finished, thinking I could go ahead and publish it and finish the content after it is published. It took a week or two before they let me get the hub published again - the one thing I know is that you shouldn't send them multiple requests to review as this can get your account suspended. Or something.

4. ThoughtSandwiches profile image79
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

I could give you the name of a Hubsville lawyer I once used...but he has been banned from Hubsville...alas...weirdness reigns supreme.  I like to think any violations I may be cited for...will be violations that I have earned...so far tho...I'm clean...

5. Prisana profile image79
    Prisanaposted 6 years ago

Hi ThoughtSandwiches,

Not sure how to reply to you except by writing an answer to my own question??? You succeeded in getting me to LOL yet again. Giggle. Snort.

I doubt I could afford your Hubsville lawyer. Thus far my earnings on Hubpages is 41 cents.

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

yes I had a duplicate warning when I tried to write about my mom's award winning artwork when I joined up. I wanted to introduce people to my family. But Mom's work is already on the web, so I was not allowed to do this, even under her own account a sit is not  a copyright issue, but an original to hubpages issue.

7. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Several. I empathize with you. It is an odd feeling to have. You feel like there is a spy in your life. Or, your PC is monitored or something. Whoops, that just my paranoia - LOL. My first one is still an unknown to me. The other violations were only notices of to put a question in the forum.

I wrote a poem a time back. Published it here and it came back duplicate content. I panicked thinking how could someone write my poem or who did I steal it from - I have memory challenges - LOL. Well, I know where I published it before. It was in two places. A chat room & a forum. So it is in the great big banks of some 7 - 8 year back dialogue and a long time back removed forum post. Or, someone stole it and posted somewhere else. So, I will post it at my blog site when I get it up an running. Sad, because it is in my eyes one of my best.

8. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

no, but I did ask a question too close to what someone else asked and it was removed, oh well.

9. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Not yet! I have only had an article that was prevented from showing up because HubPages wanted me to improve it. I will probably delete it and write about something else. This is not my website so I don't have any say in the matter and I don't have the time to try and prove anything. On other blogs I have been subject to buggy filters that flagged violations. In those cases I will report the instances  because normally the tech guys need to know when their filter is failing. That Blog is most likely losing faithful contributors because of it and I am sure that they don't want that to happen.

10. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

I have had loads of warnings about Violations etc ....At this moment in time I have a large capital  A after all Hubs on my Account,
    I tried to correct what I was told was wrong,but it became  less than funny when the powers that be targetted some of my best Hubs with loads of comments ,most  were written during my first few months on Hubs...leaving some of the newer shorter ones alone....so i just deleted them without trying to correct anything ,I really cant be bothered with Hubs anymore and am considering just deleting my profile and everyting on it

11. Anishpat profile image81
    Anishpatposted 6 years ago

Not yet and hope I don't do it in the future.

working