jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Where dd o you look for motivation tokeep writing?

1. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Where dd o you look for motivation tokeep writing?

When after a few weeks or months, when you have written many hubs and you still don't see money coming through - how do you deal with decreasing motivation?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
    Phyllis Doyleposted 6 years ago

Inspiration is the key to stay motivated with my writing.  For me, inspiration comes from many sources - favorite authors of the past and present; Nature; my own journeys in life; my love for my twin soul; my family; songs/music; just about anything that touches my heart and stirs my soul.

3. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I get motivation from people like you Ania for reminding me that everyone needs encouragement and getting ahead is not easy on the internet.

4. Abhimanyu Singh92 profile image71
    Abhimanyu Singh92posted 6 years ago

Here in India, we are not even allowed to sign up for Google Adsense until we have completed six months. Even after signing up for adsense, there is no assurance that we will start earning the very next moment. But that doesn't mean we should give up or do anything like that.
    What I advise you, is just forget the money. It will come when it will be destined to. Just enjoy your work. Think you were not here to earn money, you were here just to share your thoughts and make some good friends.
    Good luck! smile
    Abhimanyu Singh

5. Nadeeshan301 profile image76
    Nadeeshan301posted 6 years ago

I get motivated when i see people appreciate my writing. I am basically a writer who mostly writing on medicine so my main motive is to educate people regarding medical conditions. It is so encouraging and and inspiring to see people learn something from what i have learned for whole 6 years... It adds a goal to our lives not just earning....

6. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I know that a lot of Hubbers avoid writer's block by taking part in the Weekly Topic Inspiration Program. Each week the staff picks a different topic and we can write about it! http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Week … nspiration
    Next week's topic was just published less than an hour ago: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/83252 and it is about Gluten-Free Living. Check it out!

JSMatthew~

7. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Thank you J.S. Matthew for the info. Great question Ania L. How about a hub on 'motivation?' I become discouraged at times. The way I am dealing with it is I made a 3-yr time line for expectations. I make about a buck, a single ducat, one or two pesos, maybe a doubloon a month now. (note: I just used my other browser to see how to spell doubloon - smile). I need $$$$ like most. But, I do not expect it for a few years with my learning curve and available time for learning.

Decreasing motivation & how to fix. Just a suggestion - write about what you know / love / have an interest of and learn as you go. Smile and remember to have fun, fun, fun, , ,

8. Kimberly Turner profile image78
    Kimberly Turnerposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I write because I love to not for the money. So, even though I would like to make money off of my hubs, if I don't I am not less motivated in any way because  it is something I like to do and would do if I wasn't making money anyway.

9. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

You mentioned waiting for the money coming when writing Hubs.  That alone tells me why you are experiencing "decreasing motivation".  If there is any kind of hint, that the job or task you are working on promises money, then money is most of the reason why you're doing HubPages in the first place.  The passion for writing has to motivate you because it is so easy to give up and do something else.  If I were you, I would step back and think about the real reasons why you want to write in the first place.  If the passion for your writing is there, you will write, no matter what.  And nothing will stop you.  Your profile indicates a history in newspaper writing, but things can change.  Interests change.  Step away from your writing, go do something else.  Come back to it.  See if you still want to write.  Write only when you are ready.

10. spirit929 profile image76
    spirit929posted 6 years ago

I guess my answer is that you have to really LOVE to write! I began Hub Pages thinking "great! Im going to make money doing what I love" After a few Months I realized that this was not going to be the case so I keep writing on Hub Pages as an outlet for my writing, its great to be able to write and have others read your work and comment, if I make money doing so one day that will be gravy but my intent now for Hub Pages is more to have a place where my writing is read.

11. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 6 years ago

I don't do it for the money... I do it because i enjoy writing and do it in my free time.

working