jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Hubpages a community of love?

1. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Is Hubpages a community of love?

Someone told me on HubPages that this is a community of love. Are there any good examples of this? So far I have not seen much love here. I have seen a lot of hate and discrimination.

2. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

First and foremost Hubpages is a writing site. The most important thing is for the members to write, get feedback and earn. Any socializing comes secondary to those.

I have not found any discrimination or hate here. I am mixed race and Jamaican, many would say I am black, and I have been accepted and loved here on HP since the first day I joined. Check my fan mail and comments and you will see.

The trick is to write hubs that every one can relate to, not just a few people. Write hubs that are not controversial and you will get positive feedback.

PS. Based on the comments on some of your hubs I cannot understand your reason for believing that you been discriminated against. Where is that coming from?

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't think it is in the least. there are a few people on here that if i met in real life i would probably knock them out. though there are a couple of people on here i do enjoy reading things they have to say, love is not even something i would consider using to describe this site.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

hmmmm good question.....nightwork you're funny

5. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

It can be. It depends on who you get to know and  who your contacts are. There are some who are definitely not loving and you might run across them. In the forum, especially, there are some very non-loving actions going on.

However, there are also a lot of very nice people here who do create a loving community.

Take care.