jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

What do you do get your creative juices work well when writing...?

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image80
    GeneralHowitzerposted 8 years ago

What do you to get your creative juices work well when writing articles/hubs?

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

I don't do anything GH, I just write. Once I know what I'm writing about that is. For eg if it's a subject I know less about, I read up on it, find the backbone through research and fact finding. The bits in between come easy.

Or if it's a subject I already have a love of knowledge of, even easier - I just write.

Are you looking for inspiration or a method of writing that may be easier?

3. Helen Cater profile image81
    Helen Caterposted 8 years ago

I pick days when I realy have a clear head to write a hub. Yesterday was a bad day for me so I avioded writing as the other day I pushed myself to write when I was feeling unwell and produced the worst hub ever. Funny thing is it had google searches straight away and I think it is rubbish.

4. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 8 years ago

I actually get a lot of ideas from meditating and reading. Lately though most of my writing ideas have come to me when I first lay down at night to go to sleep, so then I write them down and the work on them later.I also like to have some music playing in the background and if possible a picture related to the subjsect matter.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image79
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

A lot of times my memory is like a sieve ,so Ive started keeping a wee notebook to jot down ideas or sometimes 'check out'.

I often have alot of question about almost anything ,so a good rule of thumb is ,chances are other people wonder about those things too.

Mind you ,narrow the list down somewhat, experiment , create, (you can always delete).

6. JulietduPreez profile image66
    JulietduPreezposted 8 years ago

usually do something else and let things go on in the back of my mind. or sit down and write out the "nothingness". somehow the fairly useless words turn into something...

7. GeneralHowitzer profile image80

Thank you guys for posting hayz I'm having a burnout already with work and hp hayzzzz... I'm still ... four hubs short of the Hubchallenge...

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Aww General , you can do it !!! go for a walk , sit by a river maybe with your fav snack or lunch , close your ideas , and ideas will flow as sure as that river smile

A General must lead ,soldier on buddy.

2. Deborah-Lynn profile image79
      Deborah-Lynnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

play a Facebook game, like Bejeweled, it's mindless focus and reorders your thinking so when you quit playing, you are hungry for writing something meaningful....

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image79
      Deborah-Lynnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How are you doing with your last four Hubs?  Progress yet?

8. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 8 years ago

some quiet space alone....a warm cup of tea....... soft music in the back ground...my lap top before me.....the rest takes care of itself smile

9. GeneralHowitzer profile image80

@ myownworld --- thanks for the lovely advise..

@eaglekiwi --- nice home you've got... with your avatar... hayz... thanks for the advise...

10. emievil profile image81
    emievilposted 8 years ago

Hey GH, take a break. You have two 30 hubs in a row plus your day's work. Don't overdo it.

By the way, congrats for hitting 200 fans! smile

11. Gemsong profile image77
    Gemsongposted 8 years ago

I used to ritually sacrifice my gerbils to my Muse.

I need more gerbils.

12. ThePartyAnimal profile image81
    ThePartyAnimalposted 8 years ago

Lots and Lots of Coffee and no kids hovering over my shoulders

working